5 Ways to Make Your Last Semester Your Best Semester

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Millersville chapter.

Congratulations, you did it! You made it to the last semester of undergrad. No one deserves this moment more than you. Years and years of hard work and you finally made it to the finish line. Now if you have not posted your cliche “first day of my last semester” post, what are you waiting for? Here are five ways to make your last semester your best semester.

1. Be the early bird and embrace the early morning scent of coffee.

If you do not have any 8 a.m.’s this semester, I envy you. However, you’re going to be graduating soon. and waking up early is the best way to take advantage of your day. Whether you’re an early morning coffee drinker like me or an avid morning runner, it’s best to start on the right foot every morning. Find your reason, get up, and get going!

2. If you think you’ll remember, you won’t. Write it down.

Throughout every semester, I have had a habit of slipping up or missing some assignments because they’re so easy that I forget. Grab yourself an agenda and get to writing. It does not always have to be a homework assignment. It could be something as simple as remembering to pick up your library book, or even cleaning your room before the weekend. Why try to remember something simple when your mind should be free and open to learning theory? Or planning your best spring break yet?

3. If you need help, ASK.

This is your last semester to make your efforts count. Time to nip those bad study habits in the bud. Pick up your textbook and read it. Take extensive notes. Start going to study groups or form a group with your closest friends. This is your time to make a difference and apply yourself even harder. Many campuses offer free tutors for every major. Get ahead of the game and ask for help earlier on for the harder classes this semester. Read, repeat, and highlight.

4. Stay ahead and try not to procrastinate.

This is my biggest bad habit to break; my desk might as well be called the procrastination station. This semester is going to bring many challenges and may of them will be deadline to deadline. You want to make sure that you do not stress yourself out. Procrastinating is probably the best worst thing to do when you have extra time on your hands. Make a list of things from most important to least important to get done every week and stick to it. Applying yourself is going to be a difficult task but if you can commit now while you’re still in school, life will be eating out of the palm of your hand. And you’ll have so much more time for activities!

5. Last but not least, sleep more and stress less.

Your body is a temple and you should remember to honor it. Reward yourself with sleep. If you procrastinate less, enjoy a night with a glass of wine, you’ll be off to bed in no time. It’s going to be hard giving up some of those thirsty Thursday nights but it will be worth it in the end. Who doesn’t want to wake up well rested and rejuvenated for the day ahead? Sleeping gives your body a jump start on the day and allows you wake up well rested with the mind of Muhammad Ali. Get out there collegiettes, float like a butterfly and sting like a bee. You got this!

Photo courtesy of Tumblr.

Isis Waller

Millersville

My name is Isis Waller. I am currently a senior at Millersville University. My major is Speech Communications with an option in public relations and I minor in Entrepreneurship! I am currently located where the cows moo me to sleep in Lancaster, PA. Some of my favorite things are chocolate, glitter, my boyfriend, the Chanels from Scream Queens and every single American Horror Story season... EVER. I am very into Halloween. At this point I am so in into fall my blood type might as well be pumpkin spice, haha!
The top fashion and lifestyle magazine for college women! Located in Millersville, PA <3