5 Ways to Get All Your Work Done Over Long Breaks

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Millersville chapter.

Ever think you’re going to catch up on work while on break? But never do? Here are 5 ways that can help you at least get one assignment done over longer breaks!

Start Early

Don’t wait until the last day before you have to head back to campus to start all your work. If you can, start at least the first full day of break to maxmize the time you have off. If you at least start planning and making a list of what homework you need to do over break, this will make it easier to do it throughout.

Spread it Out Through The Week

Don’t cram it all into one day, because you know you won’t be able to finish it all. Assign each assignment a day to do and only focus on that assignment. This will help keep your stress level on low and give you more time to actually have a bit of a break from school.

Don’t Let Your Family/Pets Distract you

Yes, petting your dog/cat instead of typing your essay seems tempting, but if you finish your essay now, you can pet them the rest of the break! Just put on your headphones and let your parents know you’ll be busy doing homework (note: parents may not listen to this but try your best). I typically try to do a lot of my work at night because I know my parents won’t be up to distract me. 

Make A Rewards System

It can be super hard to want to do any school work over break, but making a reward system can be helpful. For example, if I get 3 pages done of my essay, I can take a break to watch an episode of a show. This will help motivate you to finish more and sometimes I even forget that I gave myself that incentive and I keep writing!

Remember The Semester Is Almost Over

If all else fails, just remember, we’re so close to the end of the semester! Then, we’ll have a long break of no school (unless you’re taking a winter course, then, rinse and repeat these steps).

HCXO, Erika

All images courtesy of Giphy.

Erika Stewart

Millersville '20

"be the moon and inspire people even when you're far from full" Millersville '20, History and PR Major, avid Lady Gaga fan and kinda of, sorta, a mess
The top fashion and lifestyle magazine for college women! Located in Millersville, PA <3