5 Ways to De-stress and Relieve Anxiety

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Millersville chapter.

As the semester is soon to be ending, and as finals approach, life can start to get very stressful, and amid the chaos, it is important to remember to take breaks. Here are some of my favorite ways to relax. Enjoy!

1. Hang out with friends

Whenever I’m feeling overwhelmed with homework and other responsibilities, my favorite thing to do is to hang out with my friends. We always have a ton of fun and laugh so much that I forget about all of my worries.

2. Take a shower/bath

When you are stressed, taking a bath or a shower (which is more readily available at college) can really help in order to hit pause on your worries. A bath can be especially nice when you add bubbles and a bath bomb and use your favorite scented products.

3. Wash Face/Skincare/Masks

Along with taking a shower or a bath, washing your face is a great way to recharge your mood. Whether you want to just simply wash your face or put on a mask, caring for your skin is a great way to feel refreshed and relaxed.

4. Go Outside get some Fresh Air

This method is an extremely simple, yet effective way to instantly feel calm. This works especially well if you have been inside for a long time, or need a study break. Simply go outside, close your eyes, and take deep breaths in order to feel calm.

5. Take a nap

Lastly, taking a nap during the day or going to bed is a great way to de-stress. Although it may seem like you need to keep studying, if you are too tired and too stressed out, you won’t be able to remember what you have been studying anyway. Additionally, always try to go to bed early, especially during finals.

I hope these tips help you and serve as a reminder to take care of your mental health!

HCXO,

Olivia

Gifs courtesy of Giphy and images courtesy of Google 

Olivia Lawrence

Millersville '22

Medical Technology Major Loves Food, Friends, Dogs
The top fashion and lifestyle magazine for college women! Located in Millersville, PA <3