5 Tips For Spring Break Traveling

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Millersville chapter.

As many as you know, traveling is very common for spring breakers. Spring break is that one time during the spring semester where we can throw our worries away, enjoy ourselves, and soaking up some sun! The last thing you want to do is get sick during your time off. Here are my tried and true traveling tips to keep you clean and healthy!

1. Carry hand sanitizer everywhere

Do you know how many things you touch in just 5 minutes? Door handles, public seats, countertops, the list could go on! If you do not have time or a place to thoroughly wash your hands, hand sanitizer is a great way to clean off bacteria before touching your food, face, eyes, etc.! 

2. Disinfecting hand wipes

If you are going to be traveling by plane, wipe down everything! The tray table, window handle, air conditioning knobs, seat belt buckle, and the recliner button! These things are not cleaned. Like ever. So a quick wipe down will save you from germs! 

3. Nasal spray

Ever notice how much different the air is when traveling to a new destination? Using a saline nasal spray during your travel time and during your trip will help keep your nose clean! The added moisture will also help you adjust to the changing climates! TIP: Never share your nasal spray. EVER. 

4. Clean your phone and other electronics

Taking a disinfecting wipe or any other cleaner that will not damage your electronics and giving them a quick wipe down will help! Do you even realize how many surfaces your phone can touch in 24 hours? You think it’s all fine and dandy when you’re texting, and then grab that nacho out of the pile, only to remember your phone was sitting on a park bench an hour ago. Gross. 

5. Never lay beauty/hygiene products on hotel counters

Always keep your toothbrush in a cup or holder. And never ever lay anything on a counter that will potentially touch your face/mouth. This includes toothbrushes, powder brushes, and make-up sponges. Keeping these items off the counter will stop the spread of nasty who-was-there-before-you bacteria. Plastic zip bags are great temporary storage holders for make up sponges to keep out moisture from the bathroom! 

I hope these tips help you have an amazing clean and healthy spring break!

*All images courtesy of Giphy

Jordan Ettien

Millersville '17

A recent 2017 grad from Millersville University of Pennsylvania! I hold a bachelor's of science in business administration with a concentration in marketing! I am addicted to Starbucks, cute dogs and candles from Bath and Body Works! When I am not working as a Chapter Advisor for Her Campus or as a Marketing Manager for my full time job, you can find me at the gym teaching Pilates! 
The top fashion and lifestyle magazine for college women! Located in Millersville, PA <3