5 Things NOT to Be Mad About This March

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Millersville chapter.
  1. Spring

After all of this awful weather and snow, we can officially say it’s springtime!! You know what that means; Rita’s water ice, picnics in the park, bike rides, and lots of flowers. Even if the first few days don’t really ~feel~ like spring, nicer days are just around the corner!

1. Fruity drinks

I’m all for pumpkin spice, but once February rolls around, I’ve just about had my fill of nutmeg, cinnamon, and all of the other seasonal beverages that come with the fall/winter season. Bring on the fruity stuff!

1. There’s only 9 months until Christmas

Let’s be real, we all spend most of our days counting down until Christmas. Whether you celebrate it or not, it really is the most wonderful time of the year.

1. You can start replanting!

This is the perfect time of year to start repotting your flowers and gearing up your garden. It’s not too warm, and it’s not too cold. So get out there and get planting before you’re locked up in the AC!

Here’s some great plants to start growing this time of year!

-wildflowers

-sweet peas

-cornflowers

-parsnips

-carrots

-spinach

-strawberries

1. It’s sweatshirt weather again!

This weather is ideal, because it’s chilly enough to wear a sweatshirt, but not too chilly to need an actual jacket. Break out your favorite hoodie or crewneck and wear it until it’s worn down!

All photos of courtesy of giphy.com

Jessica Moore

Millersville

I'm currently a junior at Millersville Unversity studying biology! I started at HC as a first semester freshman and have been with it ever since. Along with writing passionately for Her Campus, I am also a member of Alpha Sigma Tau.  My passions include reading, writing, animals, and food. In my spare time, I thoroughly enjoy binging netflix, reading a good book, and taking naps.  Instagram: @jessy_poo96 Twitter: @jessy_poo96