5 Products to Get Your Winter Skin Glowing

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Millersville chapter.

It’s that time of year again. It’s getting colder outside, you spend more time indoors, and sunlight is hard to come by. This is a perfect storm for a dull complexion. Ugh. But come on, we’re girls, and we always have some kind of makeup, lotion or potion that will instantly cure that! Here are five products that will bring out your inner goddess even in the coldest seasons.

Lush Massage Bars 
I seriously cannot get enough of Lush cosmetics. Everything is handmade and 100% natural (so, yes they are also edible!), and smells great to boot. Their Massage Bars are perfect for making sure hard-to-moisturize places, like elbows and knees, stay soft.
 The secret is the combination of natural oils and cocoa butter that makes skin feel so luscious. As a bonus, every Massage Bar comes in a fun shape! Pictured are two of my personal favorite scents, Heavanilli, a yummy vanilla blend, and Soft Coeur, a sexy combo of chocolate and honey.

Rosebud Perfume Co. Smith’s Rosebud Salve
 This cult beauty favorite does it all: heals cracked or chapped skin, acts as a lip balm, tames eyebrows or flyaway hairs and much more. Plus, it’s easy on your wallet at only about 6 bucks, which is great for college students. Perfect for not only winter, but year-round.

[pagebreak]

St. Ives Apricot Scrub 
A favorite of mine since junior high! The natural scent is gentle on your skin while the scrub exfoliates and makes you feel new and fresh, removing the dead skin and unveiling a clean and glowing layer underneath. Just don’t scrub too hard… ouch!

Lubriderm Advanced Therapy Lotion 
We’ve alway had this lotion in my house since I can remember. In the winter, like most people, my hands tend to get very dry and cracked. This lotion repairs cold-weather damage to your hands in no time at all. Best of all, it soothes instantly.

Chapstick 
Seriously, where would we all be without a good tube of Chapstick? And who can beat the timeless scents and flavors, like Original, Cherry and Mint? No one wants to have rough looking lips, so slick this one every day for a perfect pout. Also, it gives lips a slick look when you apply before putting on lipstick.

Amber Strazzo

Millersville

Amber Strazzo was born in Queens, NY, but raised in Lancaster, PA. She is currently a Senior at Millersville University, studying Public Relations and Journalism. Amber is the Vice President of Programs of the Xi Tau chapter of Delta Zeta, and is very active in Greek life on her campus. She's a self-proclaimed social media junkie, and loves shopping, her Nook and catching up episodes of Pretty Little Liars. After college, Amber plans to head south for grad school for student affairs.