This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Millersville chapter.

The holiday season is here! I know some of us have been binging Christmas movies since November 1st, but if you’re like me and haven’t started yet, then it is high time to que up the Netflix movies. We all love a good Hallmark channel marathon, but I have to say, Netflix is kind of killing it when it comes to holiday movies. Here are some of my personal favorites that will get you in a festive mood.

Let it Snow

This one is brand new to Netflix as of November 2019 and it does not disappoint! Based on the best-selling novel by John Green, Maureen Johnson, and Lauren Myracle, the film is a collection of 3 different stories all intertwined in one small town. There’s some super cute cheesy romance that includes LGBT+ and interracial representation. With so many storylines, you can’t get bored with this one. 

The Knight Before Christmas

This one is also brand new to Netflix this year. It follows Brooke, played by the one and only Vanessa Hudgens, and her journey on falling for a real-life knight in shining armor. This one had the perfect mix of fairy tale and realistic romance. It’s full of cute cheesy moments that will make you laugh and swoon and want your own fairy tale story. This is definitely one that you’ll get invested in enough to be screaming “just kiss him already!” about 50 times.

The Princess Switch

Another one featuring Vanessa Hudgens! The Princess Switch is pretty much The Parent Trap meets Princess and the Pauper at Christmas time. I know what you’re going to say, “how many twin switch movies can they make when they’re all the same thing?” Well I promise you, you won’t be disappointed with this one. It has the classic “we have the same face, let’s switch lives” that we all love, with a fairytale princess element wrapped in. The characters are so loveable and by the end you want it to keep going so you can keep up with them. This one is more so focused on the romance aspect than the quirky holiday feature, but still amazingly done. But good news! If you like this one, a sequal is the works for Netflix.

The Christmas Chronicles

This one is one of my favorites. This takes a whole new turn on finding out your childhood idol is real. Two kids jokingly set a trap to catch Santa Claus, and suprisingly, it works. They get to live every kid’s dream of following Santa on his journey around the world on Christmas Eve. Granted, there are some bumps in the road, but they only add to the excitement. This one is far from a cheesy Christmas movie. The actors are amazing in telling the story, and the overall quality of the movie is perfect, complete with some pretty awesome special effects.

The Holiday Calendar

Last but not least, this movie perfectly captures the magic of the holiday season. A photographer receives an advent calendar that seems to have a bit of magic that comes with it. Every item she pulls out has something to do with what she’ll discover or experience that day. Complete with the Christmas romance we all love, this movie is perfect for a night in. And in case you’re feeling a bit down and out this holiday season, I definitely recommend watching this one to boost your spirits.

There you go! Five Netlifx original movies to get you in the Christmas spirit. Don’t worry if you finish these, there are so many more coming to Netflix this season, and Hallmark has been streaming Christmas movies all day everyday. Happy Holidays!

HCXO, Katie

Katie

Exeter

The top fashion and lifestyle magazine for college women! Located in Millersville, PA <3