photos by lanty zUU73lEdcBU unsplash
photos by lanty zUU73lEdcBU unsplash

4 Ways Michelle Obama Made Our Country Better

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Millersville chapter.

As we all know, February is Black History Month. This is when we celebrate all the accomplishments and creations of black people through out history. I was thinking of who in my generation accomplished so much. Then I realized, who better than Michelle Obama, the first African American First Lady. Here is a list of just a couple things she has an accomplished in her lifetime:

Let’s Move!

In 2010, Michelle was able to bring together community leaders, educators, medical professionals, parents, and other in a nationwide effort to address childhood obesity.

The School Lunch Program

Also, in 2010, Michele passed the School Lunch Program which proves free or reduced meals to more than 21 million low-income children.

Reach Higher Initiative

In 2014, Michelle began an effort to inspire young people (like us!) across America to take charge of their future by completing their education past high school.

Let Girls Learn

In 2015, Michelle joined her husband to launch this U.S. government-wide initiative to help girls around the world go to school and stay in school.

All images courtesy of google Images

Kayla Campbell

Millersville '21

Senior at Millersville University majoring in Early Childhood and Special Education.
The top fashion and lifestyle magazine for college women! Located in Millersville, PA <3