This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Millersville chapter.

She is the songstress of the broken-hearted, the lyrical genius of our generation, and the champion for everyone who has ever been in love… and also the mother of snakes. Taylor Swift has been impressing us with her wordplay for over a decade, and Swifties still cannot seem to get enough. While she is known for her amazing ability to write a catchy hook, Tay has had some savage moments in her career. Here are 4 slay-worthy moments from Taylor:

Image courtesy of Vanity Fair

“Darlin’ I’m a nightmare dressed like a daydream” from Blank Space

Written to taunt the image the media created of a girl who “jet-sets around the world collecting men”, as Taylor described it herself, “Blank Space” was Taylor’s second single off her wildly successful album, 1989. While this line is probably the most popular Instagram caption of all time, the lyrics are pretty bold.

“And she’s better known for the things that she does on the mattress” from Better than Revenge

She said what? “Better than Revenge” is a song about a girl who steals the character’s boyfriend. While Taylor herself is a pretty sweet gal, this lyric was anything but nice to whoever the song is really about.

“And then the world moves on but one thing’s for sure / Maybe I got mine, but you’ll get yours” from Look What You Made Me Do

The first single off her latest album, Reputation, Taylor shocked the world by killing off “the old Taylor” and proving that she is a phenomenon that’s here to stay.

“Now did you think it all through? / These kinds of things will catch up to you” from Bad Blood

We all know this was about the feud between Taylor and Katy Perry, but let’s set aside the drama and appreciate the savagery in the lyrics. It makes you wanna slay all your enemies.

Carlee Nilphai

Millersville '19

Carlee is a Millersville University graduate with a BA in Print Journalism and a double minor in Music and Theatre. Her favorite topics to write about involve career, environmental issues, pop culture, budgeting hacks, and Taylor Swift. Carlee lives in Lancaster, PA and has a corgi named Alan.