Career

15-Year-Old Me Wouldn’t Believe Who I Am Today

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Millersville chapter.

15-year-old me would not believe what 21-year-old me is doing. When I was 15, I still thought I was going to be a teacher, now 6 years later, I’m going into Public Relations, I’m working two jobs, one that is in a field that I want to go into.

15-year-old me would be shocked that I’m turning 22 in July, I never thought I’d make it to see my 18 birthday, let alone my 22. 15-year-old me would cry at the fact that I’m not only going to graduate college but with two degrees. At 15, I didn’t think I could even make it through college.

15-year-old me would laugh in my face when I told myself that I’m FINALLY happy with how I look (most of the time) and that I can do my makeup without having a breakdown.

15-year-old me would be jealous that I have more than 1 friend who cares about me and my wellbeing, friends who care about what I’m interested in and don’t dismiss me.

15-year-old me couldn’t imagine that I work at Starbucks and was a tour guide for most of my college career. I was so reserved and shy when I was 15.

15-year-old me wouldn’t believe me if I told myself that I planned an entire event and it went pretty well and 15-year-old me would never think that I’d be on the exec board for two clubs. 

15-year-old me wouldn’t be surprised that I still watch anime sometimes (I truly thought I’d never stop). 15 year-old me would be mad that I can dye my hair any color I want and not tell my parents.

I’d hope 15-year-old me would look up to 21-year-old me. 21-year-old me is who I wanted to be when I was 15. I think 15-year-old me would be happy that I’m still alive to do everything that I’m doing right now. I’m glad 15-year-old me was the way I was because that made me the way I am today.

Erika Stewart

Millersville '20

"be the moon and inspire people even when you're far from full" Millersville '20, History and PR Major, avid Lady Gaga fan and kinda of, sorta, a mess