10 Stages of Planning Your Summer Vacation as Told by Elle Woods

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Millersville chapter.

​Graduation and summer break are coming up fast and so are vacations! We’ve all been there, daydreaming in class about the perfect vacay and how cute the pictures will look on Instagram. That said, here are the 10 stages of planning a summer vacation that Elle Woods sums up perfectly!

1. Brainstorming places to go with your BFF has turned into pages in your notebook rather than a few places in the notes on your phone

So first there’s Palm Springs, then Disney, then Turks and Caicos,…

2. Researching hotels, restaurants, beaches, and the best places to shop has become a hobby rather than a necessity

You could probably read reviews in your sleep at this point.

3. Planning outfits on your head or on Pinterest has slowly started taking over your life

Uhm, why are all these clothes not in my closet?

4. You’re actually willing to work out to get your little booty in those adorbs Lilly Pulitzer shorts

What Elle said!

5. Your agenda has become list upon list of things you need to buy ahead of time and things to do to prepare for it

Wait, so what if there’s a hurricane? Or the hotel runs out of tequila?

6. When the date is getting closer and you’re practically jumping out of your skin in anticipation

45 days turns into 30 and then 10 and then 2!

7. Daydreaming of relaxing on the beach or in the mountains has become more important than caring about real life

Who needs to care about laundry when there’s beaches to dream about? Priorities, people!

8. Packing and repacking to make sure everything fits in your suitcase has become a skill at this point

If this was an Olympic sport, you’d take home the gold.

9. You’ve already picked out the perfect filters for all your Instagram or VSCO photos to accentuate your tan

The C1 filter on VSCO is perf.

10. All your hard work and planning has paid off when you arrive at your destination and it’s more than you could ever imagine!

There’s nothing better than going on vacation and everything works out as planned! Enjoy those margaritas and much deserved beach naps!

*All images courtesy of Giphy

Ashley Haywood

Millersville

I'm a senior English major with a focus in writing studies and I hope to someday write for a publication within in Lancaster area. I drink more coffee than I probably should, my cat is my baby, and I'm obsessed with my planner. You'll always find me on campus in the library with a cup of coffee in hand!