Style

10 Cutest Halloween Costumes for your Doggo!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Millersville chapter.

Picking out a Halloween costume for yourself can be an overwhelming and exasperating experience, but picking one out for your dog? Now that’s a hard one! There are so many options and everything is just too stinking cute to handle, you have to keep yourself from getting all of them! Here are ten different ideas you can make on a budget for your furry friend so they can look just as good as you on Halloween!

Spider Dog

A costume on a budget! Perfect for a college student, right? Take advantage of your dog’s markings and turn it into a cute costume for Halloween (just make sure you aren’t using permanent markers or you’ll have a pup covered in spiders for a long time).

Velociraptor Pup

Honestly, what’s cuter than a little puppy running around like a dinosaur? If you’ve seen Jurassic Park you know just how scary raptors are, so be prepared for your pup to give the neighborhood a good scare when they see them running around!

Martini Doggo

Will your pup be stuck wearing the Cone of Shame this Halloween? Well, don’t worry, because now you have the option to make one of the cutest dog costumes ever. Make some quick DIY olives and bam, you’ve got yourself the most adorable martini ready to go!

Teddy Bear Pup

Again, take advantage of your dog’s coloring! Find a cute stuffed bear that matches your pup’s fur and tada! You’ve got an adorably perfect costume ready to go! Just watch out, your dog can now blend perfectly with other stuffed animals if they sit still long enough.

Ty Stuffed Dog

Some dogs just can’t stand being made to wear things, so here’s the perfect solution for you! The Ty stuffed animal tag is easily recognizable, so just make a quick DIY tag and stick it to your dog’s collar and you’ve got your very own life size (and living) Ty stuffed animal!

IT Doggo

Still want to stay with the spooky theme for halloween? Dress your pup up as Georgie! You can even tie a little red balloon to them to complete the outfit. And the best part of this costume is you can match with your best bud by dressing up as Pennywise!

Kissing Booth Pup

If you have any old boxes laying around and aren’t sure what to dress your dog up as, here’s the solution! It requires minimal effort but is still so stinkin cute! I’d totally pay for a kiss from this good boy!

Starpup

This one is a little more work, but it’s worth it to have a Coffee cup pup! While your pup might find it absolutely embarrassing to have a coffee cup strapped to their head, the pictures will be totally worth it!

Mop Dog

Lazy dog? Super furry? Well look no further, for here is the perfect costume idea for you! Not only will your pup be content being rolled all over the place without having to lift a single paw, you’ll be the talk of the neighborhood with such a creative idea.

Nyan Pup

Who can forget about nyan cat after we were all forced to listen to the video over and over again? Just because the video is of a cat doesn’t mean a doggo can’t dress up at it! Just sew a few bits of felt together and you’ve got the cutest costume in the world!

Halloween only comes around once a year, so we have to make sure our furry friends are looking just as fantastic as we are when it rolls around. Also, have you ever seen a dog dressed up and not absolutely melted with pure joy upon seeing them? Dressing your dog up is one sure way to make the holiday even more exciting than it already is, and your pup is going to absolutely love the amount of attention they get! 

HCXO, Hannah O.

Hannah O'Steen

Millersville '22

Hannah is currently a junior at Millersville University studying Interactive and Graphic Design. She absolutely adores dogs of any kind, plants, cozy rainy days, Studio Ghibli films and speaks fluent sarcasm. Her current goal in life is to graduate with the fewest amount of mental breakdowns possible.
The top fashion and lifestyle magazine for college women! Located in Millersville, PA <3