This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Miami chapter.

Ever since I was little, Halloween has always been my favorite holiday. Getting to dress up and eat so much candy until you can’t anymore is just the beginning of all of the fun. Every little kid’s favorite part about halloween though, is going trick-or-treating at night. Growing up, that was definitely my favorite part. Although I do not trick-or-treat anymore, I still remember the absolute worst candies I would get every time I went trick-or-treating.

Raisins

My least favorite ‘candy’ is raisins. When I think of raisins, I think of a fairly healthy snack that most people have in their homes for their children to eat. When I think of halloween, raisins would be the last thing to ever come to mind. Also, are raisins even considered candy?

Wax Candy Soda Bottles

I do not know if anyone remembers these, but if you do, you probably remember the disgusting feels of the wax in your mouth as you rip off the ‘cap’ to the wax bottle. In general, the syrup inside the wax was not tasty whatsoever and had a very artificial flavor to them. Overall, tasting this candy was just not a good experience.

Good and Plenty

While some may disagree on this one, I did not like the taste of licorice growing up. To this day, it is still not my favorite, especially black licorice which these candies resemble. The exterior of these candies is a hard, colorful shell with black licorice inside. If someone did not know what these candies were, the look and feel of them would be very misleading and not what you would expect.

Tootsie Roll

I have not tasted a tootsie roll in years, but I do vividly remember how badly they would get stuck in your teeth. Although this candy is supposed to resemble some sort of chocolate, I have never thought the two tasted similar in any way.

Candy Necklace

Growing up, candy necklaces were a lot of fun to wear and play with, but never eat. The concept of chewing on them and then wearing them has never been appealing to me. I also never thought they tasted good either.

When I think of halloween, none of the candies listed above come to mind. If you plan on buying candy for trick-or-treaters this upcoming Halloween, focus on the fun, delicious, and chocolatey candy that all kids will absolutely love!

Hello! My name is Aly Rubin! I have always had a passion for writing and I am very happy I get to continue that. I grew up in a small town in northern New Jersey. I have no siblings so growing up, it was just me, my parents, and my dog, Nina. Some of my interests include going to the gym, meeting new people, and traveling. I am the co-founder and co-owner of a non-profit organization called Change4Good, which I started in high school with three of my friends. I have always enjoyed giving back to the community and making other people happy.