This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Miami chapter.

Over the past few weeks, I have been trying to come up with a list of restaurants for me and my friends to go to for my birthday last Thursday. I knew I wanted to go to a place that served amazing food and drinks, was considered ‘trendy’, and had a good atmosphere. I came up with places such as Planta, Crazy About You, Kiki on the River, and more, but nothing stood out to me like Swan did. 

Swan is located in the center of Miami’s Design District and provides both indoor and outdoor seating. Both seating areas are absolutely beautiful and great for taking pictures. As you walk to the front, the hostesses will greet you and sit you down at the table as soon as it is ready. They have the biggest smiles on their faces which adds to the entire dining experience. The servers are just as sweet and the service is quick and amazing. 

As for food, we ordered the burrata, Little Gem Salad, and the margarita pizza to be served family style. The 13 of us devoured the food instantly. It was so delicious and was all plated beautifully. For the main course, we ordered the fusilli vegetable bolognese, the king salmon,  and the roasted free range chicken with a side of Swan’s crispy potatoes. While the food was excellent and we ate until our stomachs could not handle any more, we had to make sure we saved enough room for dessert. For dessert, we ordered the smores swiss roll which was served with a graham cracker crumble and rocky road ice cream. There are truly no words to describe how amazing this tasted and looked. I could not have pictured a better restaurant to eat at.

So, with all that being said, if you have any special occasion or are just looking for a nice place to eat with your friends and family, I strongly suggest making a reservation at Swan to get the full experience including amazing food, unbelievable atmosphere, and great service. 

Hello! My name is Aly Rubin! I have always had a passion for writing and I am very happy I get to continue that. I grew up in a small town in northern New Jersey. I have no siblings so growing up, it was just me, my parents, and my dog, Nina. Some of my interests include going to the gym, meeting new people, and traveling. I am the co-founder and co-owner of a non-profit organization called Change4Good, which I started in high school with three of my friends. I have always enjoyed giving back to the community and making other people happy.