This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Miami chapter.

This year, Halloween may look a little different. Yes, we are in a pandemic, but Halloween does not have to be canceled, it just has to have a few changes that lets us stay safe! Instead of going to huge parties for Halloween, other activities can be done that are COVID friendly. I came up with a few ideas here, to ensure a safely celebrated Halloween:

Charcuterie Boards

First and foremost, Pinterest will be your best friend when it comes to Halloween themed charcuterie boards. I suggest adding some candy corn or pumpkin butter to your board, and on the sides, you can simply add a baby pumpkin or gourds for decoration! You can also take any fruit or vegetable, like peppers, and put candy eyes in them so they look like ghosts. Another option is getting big slices of cheese, and shaping them with Halloween themed cookie cutters. Don’t be afraid to get creative with it! 

Spooky Drinks 

There are so many alcoholic beverages and non-alcoholic beverages that you can make spooky! Again, Pinterest will be your best friend for some of these creative recipes. Even if you don’t want to make a spooky drink because some may be a little too hard to do, Target always has festive straws and stirrers. By adding a Halloween themed stirrer into your drink, it can instantly become more festive!

Decorate and Dress

Even though you may not be going out to a huge party this halloween, that doesn’t mean that you can’t still dress up. Dressing up and making your apartment Halloween-esque will put you in the Halloween spirit and make for the cutest pictures ever! You can simply add some pumpkins (fake or real), and maybe even a cobweb on the wall. Target and Home Goods have the cutest halloween/ fall signs and decorations, so you can go get some Halloween decor for a great price! 

Halloween doesn’t have to be canceled this year, but it is important that we stay safe so we can all stay at college!

Hey! My name is Rachel Ramnarine and I'm from New Jersey. I live in Central Jersey so I'm pretty close to NYC and the shore! I have two siblings, and an adorable dog! I am a current sophomore studying communication at The University of Miami. In my free time, I love to go to the beach with my friends and spend time with my family! I have always loved writing but have been intimidated at times, however, I am so excited to be writing for Her Campus!