Style

Need A Perfect Outfit for Your First Virtual Date? We Got You Covered!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Miami chapter.

Trust me, I understand how difficult it can be to find the perfect outfit for a first date, let alone a virtual date. After an hour or two of trying on different outfits from your closet, all you are left with is a messy room and still nothing to wear. Keep in mind that you will most likely only be seen from the waist up, so making sure you find a comfy and cute top is essential. The most important thing is that you find an outfit that reflects your personality.

One of my favorite looks for a first date is a casual top with a romantic vibe. Look for a sweet floral print and a flowy material, maybe with a short puff sleeve. My favorite shops for romantic tops include Brandy Melville, Lucy in the Sky, and Hello Molly. All three offer adorable tops and dresses that fit the bill.

Need to accessorize your romantic outfit? Go for a layered look by combining a short necklace with a slightly longer one. You can start with a choker and then add a pendant necklace. If you are looking for a pre-layered necklace to purchase, check out Ela Rae. Ela Rae sells beautiful necklaces that are perfect for that flowy summer look. They offer single strand necklaces meant for layering as well as multi-strand looks. Ela Rae is also the perfect complement to your Brandy Melville tops.

If you are most concerned with comfort, then select a colorful tube top out of your wardrobe. They [j1] are more stylish than just a simple t-shirt. Remember, you do not want to wear that old baggy t-shirt on your date.

Do you want to go for an edgy vibe? If so, consider a cute off the shoulder top or one with some rips and pins in them. LF is the perfect online clothing store that sells edgy looking for clothes. They add safety pins, rips, patterns, and chains to keep up to date with the latest fashion styles. While they can be somewhat pricey, you can always count on their “End of Season” sale, where they take 70% off the entire store! You will also be able to find some trendy-casual clothes from LF, such as their vintage or tie-dye collection.

Since your date will only be seeing you from the waist up on FaceTime or Zoom, make sure to accessorize your look with a necklace and earrings. You might want to dig up some unusual, fun pieces from your jewelry box if you are looking for something that also acts as a conversation starter. Can’t find the right jewelry in your box? One of my favorite places to shop for “edgy” accessories is Cyberspace Shop. Here you can find items like the Flaming Butterfly Necklace or the Lock Necklace, all for under $30. Accessories from this store will also match perfectly with an outfit from LF. 

Regardless if you go romantic and sweet, edgy and sassy or something in between, make an effort so your first virtual date leads ultimately to a date where he can see you from head to toe.

Hello! My name is Aly Rubin! I have always had a passion for writing and I am very happy I get to continue that. I grew up in a small town in northern New Jersey. I have no siblings so growing up, it was just me, my parents, and my dog, Nina. Some of my interests include going to the gym, meeting new people, and traveling. I am the co-founder and co-owner of a non-profit organization called Change4Good, which I started in high school with three of my friends. I have always enjoyed giving back to the community and making other people happy.