Megan Lipsky ’18

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Miami chapter.

Name: Megan Lipsky
Age: 19
Hometown: Miami, FL
Major: Political science and philosophy
Relationship status: Single
Extracurricular: Chi Omega, First Year Fellow in Hecht, research assistant is the business law department, First Year U Coordinator for the Butler Center.

Most embarrassing moment freshman year?
“I went to Publix by myself for the first time and got run over by an elderly lady on a little scooter cart. Her grandson was driving and crashed into me and I fell backwards into the Krispy Kreme donut display. I didn’t to eat any of the donuts that I smushed. It was so embarrassing. It was horrible. I knocked the entire display over”

Favorite pickup line:
“I don’t know. I think any pickup lines involving nerdy history facts are really cute.”

If you could be anyone for a day, who would you be?
“The first person that comes to mind is Ruth Bader Ginsburg. I just think she’s really cool.”

When you were a kid, what did you want to be when you grew up?
“I wanted to be a professional ballerina; specifically the sugar plum fairy. I used to watch “The Nutcracker” every year and she was my favorite. Plus, she had the biggest tutu. Her outfit was the prettiest.”

Guilty pleasure:
“Binge watching episodes of “The Office” and eating pumpkin ice cream. Oh wait, not pumpkin, chocolate ice cream. Or anything chocolate. Im a choc-o-holic.”

Favorite part about being Chi O?
“There’s automatically someone to do anything with. Our group of sisters is so diverse that everyone’s a part of something special and more than willing to let you participate or get you in the front door. The possibilities are endless because we’re all so involved.”

Favorite spot in Miami?
“Fairchild tropical garden. I’ve been going there multiple times a year since I was a really little kid. Even though I have a black thumb, the plants are so pretty and the coral is built just right. They always have really interesting art exhibitions or festivals that are really fun to go to.”

Coolest place you’ve ever traveled?
“My family loves to travel, so we’ve been on big vacations almost every summer. We’ve been to Alaska, Spain, Italy, England, Scotland, Norway. In Iceland we went to see the geysers and got to stand on two tectonic plates at the same time. Right foot on the North American plate and left foot on the Eurasian plate.”

Hero or Villain?
“People expect me to pick the hero, but I think villains are a lot more interesting.”

Image credit: cover – facebook, Megan Lipsky.

DMV born and raised (and I do NOT mean the department of motor vehicles!). I'm a sarcasm afficiando and future owner of the Baltimore Ravens. Or the world. I'm always interested in government, politics, business, and sports. Entrepreneurship major, sports administration minor, graduating in 2018.