How to Drink (and Eat) Around the World

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Miami chapter.

The annual Food and Wine Festival has made its way back to EPCOT and it’s better than ever. With the addition and returns of new countries and more interactive locations, the experience is unique from year to year for those who are Disney addicts like myself. The Food and Wine Festival allows participants to travel to global marketplaces and sample food and beverages from all other the world. The appetizer-size portions are priced from $4-$8, in addition to the park admission. Along with marketplaces, there are also culinary adventures, premium events, 11 musical artists, and events are various Walt Disney Resorts. For the youngsters in the group, the new Frozen ride, character picture opportunities and scavenger hunt in each country of finding Ratatouille‘s Remy for entertainment. 

As I turned 21 earlier in the week, the purpose of this trip was to sample beer/wine from all over the world. But for everyone planning on making a visit here are some tips I recommend:

• Find cute and quirky boozy Disney shirts on Etsy for your group.
  • Use the wristband gift cards to make the purchasing experience easier.
  • Take your pictures early on as walking around in the Florida heat will make make up run, hair frizz, and all other unwanted appearances.
  • If you’re going in a large group that isn’t necessarily interested in getting tipsy/drunk, I would recommend getting beer or wine flights – cuts your costs and you’ll still get decent samplings in each place.

#MatchingShirtCrew

Loaded gift card wristlets

Below find my recommendations of what stops you have to stop at and what you should get so you can have an equally magical trip:

EPCOT Legal Showplace (Craft Beer)

• Zesty Cheeseburger and Cheddar Cheese Macaroni Handwich
  • Western Florida Flight

Flavors from Fire

• Piggy Wings: Roasted Pork Wings with Korean BBQ Sauce and Sesame Seeds

Light Lab

• T=C2: Tonic Water and Cotton Candy
  • Bleu Spectrum: Black de bleu Cuvee Mousseux with Boba Pearls (pictured above)
  • Glonut (GIANT donut)

Active Eats

• Loaded Mac ‘n’ Cheese with Nueske’s Pepper Bacon, Cheddar Cheese, Peppers and Green Onions

The Cheese Studio

• Braised Beef “Stroganoff” with Tiny Egg Noodles, Wild Mushroom, and Boursin® Garlic and Fine Herbs Cheese Sauce

Islands of the Caribbean

• Frozen Mojito
  • Caribbean White Sangria
  • Quesito: Puff Pastry with Sweetened Cream Cheese and Guava Sauce

New Zealand

• Lamb Meatball with Spicy Tomato Chutney

Australia

• Grilled Lamb T-Bone with Mint Pesto and Potato Crunchies
  • Lamington: Yellow Cake Dipped in Chocolate and Shredded Coconut

Patagonia

• Beef empanada

Farm Fresh

• Crispy Chicken with Griddled Cornbread and Red Eye Gravy (pictured above)
  • Florida Orange Groves Mango Mama Wine

Greece

• Loaded Greek “Nachos”: Pita Chips, Meatless Sausage Crumbles, and Vegan Tzatziki
  • Taste of Greece: Stuffed Grape Leaves with Lemon Dill Sauce, Grilled Octopus and Feta Cheese Dip with Warm Pita

Thailand

• Singha Lager

Mexico

• Rib Eye Taco: Marinated Rib Eye, Roasted Chipotle Sauce, and Grilled Scallions on a Corn Tortilla
  • Classic lime Margarita

*Not in the marketplace stand, but in the permanent Mexican eatery you can also find a larger variety of margaritas served both frozen or on the rocks.*

China

• Chicken Potstickers

India

• Warm Indian Bread with Pickled Garlic, Mango Salsa and Coriander Pesto Dips (pictured above)

Brewer’s Collection

• Hacker-Pschorr Hefe Weisse Naturtrüb
  • Schöfferhofer Hefeweizen Pomegranate Beer

Germany

• Schinkennudeln: Pasta Gratin with Ham and Cheese
  • Roast Bratwurst in a Pretzel Roll

Spain

• Charcuterie in a Cone with a selection of imported Spanish Meats, Cheeses, and Olives with an Herb Vinaigrette (pictured above)
  • Traditional Spanish Paella with Shrimp, Mussels, Chicken, and Crispy Chorizo
  • Sweet Olive Oil Cake with Powdered Sugar and Lemon Curd

Italy

• Crispy Calamari with Spicy Pomodoro Sauce
  • Absolut Penne: Vodka Sauce with Shrimp
  • Cannoli al Cioccolato: Chocolate-covered Cannoli Filled with Sweet Ricotta, Chocolate and Candied Fruit
  • They had a kickass Rose whos name I don’t remember but keep your eye out for it

Hops & Barley

• Smoked Beef Brisket and Pimento Cheese served on Griddled Garlic Toast

Japan

• Saki bomb

Morocco

• Kefta Pocket: Seasoned Ground Beef in a Pita Pocket
  • Casa Pale Lager

Belgium

• Belgian Waffle with Warm Chocolate Ganache and Whipped Cream
  • Chilled Coffee featuring Godiva Chocolate Liqueur

Brazil

• M.I.A. Beer Company Barbosa Black Beer – brewed in Doral so 305 is represented

France

• The marketplace itself isn’t all that BUT in the permanent France showcase, there’s a bakery with all sorts of goodies that you should definitely check out

Ireland

• Warm Chocolate Pudding with Irish Cream Liqueur Custard

*In Ireland, there’s a full fledge Irish bar where you should definitely have Irish car bombs – keep in mind that it has legitimate bar prices so you will be paying a bit more.*

Canada

• Canadian Cheddar Cheese Soup served with a Pretzel Roll

So pack your bags (don’t forget your ID!) and prepare to fill your passport with countries from all over the world, laughs and Mickey ears.

Kaitlin is a junior majoring in Marketing and Advertising. She was the Editor in Chief of the Ibis Yearbook, a Marketing Research Lab Assistant, a SOBE, and a 'Cane for a Day. On the weekends, she likes to read, explore the city, and try new places to eat.