This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Miami chapter.

Happy November! There is so much to look forward to this month. Personally, November is my favorite because it is the start of the holiday season. Thanksgiving is just around the corner, and you know what that means… so is Friendsgiving! Friendsgiving is always fun, but sometimes it’s hard to decide what to bring. So I am here to help you out and give you some of my favorite picks!

Pies

The first and easiest thing to bring to Friendsgiving is pie. Pies are a must have at Friendsgiving. You can simply make one yourself, or just buy one at your nearest grocery store. Make sure someone brings a pie, because Friendsgiving isn’t Friendsgiving without pie. 

Chocolate Covered Pretzels and Strawberries

Chocolate covered pretzels are so easy and quick to make. You can even add some fall colored sprinkles to the pretzels or strawberries to make them a little more festive!

Cupcakes with a Fall Twist

Cupcakes are very simple to make, but don’t make regular chocolate or vanilla cupcakes- make them more fall related! Pumpkin cupcakes with cream cheese frosting is a great way to incorporate fall into a simple dessert for your Friendsgiving. While scrolling through Pinterest, I also came across the cutest idea for Thanksgiving cupcakes. Pick whatever colored batter you want for your cupcakes. Take 11 of the cupcakes, and frost them red. Take 9 of the cupcakes, and frost them yellow. Take 5 of the cupcakes, and frost them orange. Finally, take 4 cupcakes, and frost them brown. Then arrange all of them into the shape of a turkey (with the red cupcakes on the outside, then the yellow, then the orange and then the brown). On 2 of the brown cupcakes, add pretzels for “turkey feet” and then on another, add 2 eyes and a beak for the turkey’s face. This will look super cute!

Even if you are not creative, there are so many ways you can appear creative, just by adding some fall sprinkles or special colored frosting. I’m telling you, if you bring any of the items above to your Friendsgiving, your friends will love them! 

Hey! My name is Rachel Ramnarine and I'm from New Jersey. I live in Central Jersey so I'm pretty close to NYC and the shore! I have two siblings, and an adorable dog! I am a current sophomore studying communication at The University of Miami. In my free time, I love to go to the beach with my friends and spend time with my family! I have always loved writing but have been intimidated at times, however, I am so excited to be writing for Her Campus!