A Broke Girl’s Guide To Last Minute Halloween Costumes

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Miami chapter.

It’s the season of cat ears, schoolgirl skirts and bodysuits. Admit it, we’ve all been a “sexy” something or other at one point. It’s simple, cheap and takes no effort to put on some cat ears, a black body suit and draw some whiskers with your favorite eye liner. However, if you’re looking for something a bit more creative without breaking the bank, here are some fun ideas for Halloween this year:

Netflix and Chill –

This is for all you pun lovers. This costume will definitely get you some face palms and “oh you”s. Just grab a shirt that says Netflix and a bag of ice and you’re good to go. At least for the first hour of the party until your ice melts.

Photo: vrpowell2000 on Imgur

Or turn it into a couples costume. Will you be the chill to my Netlfix?

Photo: www.halloweencostumes.com

Rosie the Riveter –

Nothing makes a good costume like female empowerment, especially when it can be made from items you more than likely already have in your closet.

Photo: Instagram user rubyjaames

Audrey Hepburn –

Whip out your classy little black dress for a “Breakfast at Tiffany’s” inspired costume. Accessorize with gloves, pears and her signature cigarette holder and you’ll be the classiest girl at the party (until the tequila hits).

Photo: Reddit user camping is intense

Bridesmaids –

Are your best friends also having trouble with figuring out a Halloween costume? Find some cheap, tacky pink dresses and collaborate with them for this tribute to the movie “Bridesmaids.”

Photo: Instagram user mbeckm1

Gold Digger –

Another one for you pun lovers. I ain’t saying she’s a gold digger, but that costume is definitely saying otherwise.

Image Source: Instagram user laurenvasiliki

Showgirl –

If you’re like me and you own way too much makeup, but never have a reason to use it, make your makeup the focal point of your costume. Do the smokiest and glitteriest eye makeup your heart desires. Then pack on the beads and feathers.

Image Source: Instagram user juliettaladoll

Chesire Cat –

If you do want to be a cat for Halloween (don’t worry, I’m not judging), give it a twist with some face paint to look like the Chesire Cat from “Alice in Wonderland.”

Photo: www.pinterest.com

Whatever you decide to be, make sure it’s something you’re comfortable with. Don’t let anyone persuade you not to be something because they think it’s basic or stupid. And make sure to be safe on Halloween!