Best Places to Take Visiting Friends

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Miami chapter.

This semester a bunch of my friends came to visit (I’m now the “go to” friend to visit being in Miami) and I wanted to make sure they all had the PERFECT weekend here. This is where I took my guests and we had a blast. If they got on a plane home exhausted, I did my job. Notice there are some time gaps; when we weren’t out, we were sleeping!

Friday Night

9:00PM
Your friends have just landed, and they will be hungry and ready to see the city! Grab a bite to eat at Batch Gastropub in Brickell. Even though the bar is a known hangout spot for Gators fans, the inventive small bites and cocktails make up for it.

11:00PM
After you’ve gotten a bite to eat, head to American Social to get a great view of the canal. When it gets a little later, walk to Mary Brickell Village and stop by Fado and Blue Martini. Bardot and Blackbird are also super fun!

Saturday

11:00AM
You and your friends will be exhausted but this shouldn’t stop you from taking them to see the sights. After getting a coffee and pastry at Pasion del Cielo, take your guests to the Fairchild Tropical Botanic Garden in Coral Gables to tour the beautiful grounds. When the Florida sun becomes too much, take a dip in the ocean at the Matheson Hammock Park beach.

4:00 PM
On your way back from the beach, stop by the famous Cuban restaurant and bakery, Versailles, and pick up some croquetas and empanadas. It could possibly be the highlight of your friend’s weekend.

8:00PM
Make a reservation ahead of time at one of South Beach’ s best restaurants and enjoy the bright lights and amazing people watching. After you have taken up Ocean Drive on one of its two for one drink specials, South Beach is your oyster… go to The Clevelander or Mango’s, or hop in an Uber and explore the nightlife. If you want a more laid back night, just take a walk down Ocean Drive. Trust me, that will be entertainment enough!

Sunday
Again, you will be exhausted, but your friend can sleep on the plane! Before your guest leaves, they must experience a Miami brunch. At Nikki Beach, a fixed price will get you both brunch, and entrance to their club which hosts huge pool parties on Sundays. George’s On Sunset and Rokbrgr also have really great brunches with bottomless mimosas.

Image credit: cover, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5