danielle macinnes IuLgi9PWETU unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
danielle macinnes IuLgi9PWETU unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Allison Cawthon 19′

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Miami chapter.

Meet Allison Cawthon, a sophomore at the University of Miami. She is from Plano, Texas and studies music education and minors in education. She is in Chi Omega and involved in the Frost School of Music. Her friends describe her as sweet, compassionate, charming and fun!

What is your Major and Minor and why did you decide to do it?

“Music education major, education minor. Music has always been my passion, and I became the student director of my a Cappella group when I was a sophomore in high school. I’ve always loved being a leader, but it was when I started instructing vocal ensembles that I discovered I loved to teach.”

What got you so passionate about music?”

“When I was in fifth grade, my parents bought me a guitar because I really wanted to learn to play “Teardrops on my Guitar” by Taylor Swift. I started taking guitar lessons and performing in recitals, and all I wanted to do was perform all the time. I joined choir in sixth grade, and I became really involved in it, becoming student director of my 200-person choir in high school. I started playing in a rock and roll band in seventh grade, and it fostered a huge passion for classic rock. I love classical music, and that’s mainly what I do in college, so it’s kind of shocking to people sometimes when they find out my roots are in rock and roll.”

How many instruments do you play?

“I play five instruments really well, and I can passably play 13 instruments.”

How would you outsmart people in the zombie apocolypse?

“I know some random places in Oklahoma that are mainly uninhabited that I would escape to.”

Whats your hidden talent?

“Athletics probably. I played competitive soccer for seven years, followed by competitive swimming for eight years (going to state two years), and competitive water polo (we went to the Junior Olympic Trials)What are some weird hobbies you have?”

If you were a pizza topping, what would you be?

“Pepperoni.”

The University of Miami Chapter