hawaii acai bowl smoothie food yummy fruit colorful
Her Campus Media

All About the “Gud Eatzz”

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Miami chapter.

For college students with limited options and an empty wallet, finding healthy food options is nearly impossible. Especially for students who try not to spend too much money, ordering in salads every night can add up. Recently, I have been introduced to an Instagram account called “Gud Eatzz.” Ever since I followed this account, the amount of healthy and delicious food options became endless.

The founder and owner of this Instagram account is a sophomore at the University of Miami, Mickey Carton. She posts anything from pictures of home cooked meals to incredible recipes to suggestions of healthy food options and products to buy at your local grocery store. Additionally, the type of food she focuses on ranges from desserts to fish dishes to salad. Any type of food you can think of, Mickey has you covered! While she is currently living in Florida, she always stays current and updates her followers with new and tasty food wherever she goes.

I recently had the opportunity to interview Mickey and go behind the scenes of her Instagram account. During the interview, she mentioned that she grew up in downtown Manhattan. As she walked to her dance classes and school everyday, she noticed many interesting restaurants on her way. Without walking by these restaurants, she would not have known these restaurants existed. From then on, she wanted to inform everyone about these places, which is where her food Instagram journey started. 

As time went on, Mickey became more interested in food and healthy living. In the beginning of quarantine, she started to pick up cooking and received amazing feedback from her friends and family. Her account then became more popular, and restaurants started reaching out to send her free samples in exchange for advertisement on her page. While the account is still relatively new, she grew her account to almost 2,000 followers in only a few months!

She also has big plans for the future in regards to expanding “Gud Eatzz”. In addition to finding new restaurants and recipes, she plans to start a blog and website. While the details are still in process, she plans to update her followers as soon as she receives more information. 

So, with that being said, if you are a foodie, like myself, log into Instagram and go follow Mickey’s account “Gud Eatzz” for the most amazing food suggestions you could ever imagine. You will not regret it and neither will your stomach!

Check out her account here https://www.instagram.com/gud.eatzz/

Hello! My name is Aly Rubin! I have always had a passion for writing and I am very happy I get to continue that. I grew up in a small town in northern New Jersey. I have no siblings so growing up, it was just me, my parents, and my dog, Nina. Some of my interests include going to the gym, meeting new people, and traveling. I am the co-founder and co-owner of a non-profit organization called Change4Good, which I started in high school with three of my friends. I have always enjoyed giving back to the community and making other people happy.