The 5 Best Advent Calendars this Holiday Season

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Miami chapter.

With Miami being as hot and sunny as ever, it’s easy to forget that everyone’s favorite season – yes, that’s right: CHRISTMAS – is really right around the corner! Personally, I can’t wait to bake cookies while listening to Christmas music (though I have admittedly been doing the latter since October, but shh!), and spend quality time with loved ones. Growing up, one of my favorite things about Christmas was the chocolate advent calendars my mom would get my brother and me. It was just one of those things that added so much excitement to the whole idea of Christmas, you know? It’s too bad that they’re just for kids…except they’re actually not! This year, I’ve been seeing a bunch of a-m-a-z-i-n-g twists on the traditional advent calendar that are totally adult-appropriate, and I feel like it would be a crime not to share my top five picks with you guys:

1. NYX Professional “Lippie Countdown” advent calendar, $65

If you, like me, love trying new lip products, this is for you! It’s just such a fun and easy way to change your look, am I right? This NYX advent calendar contains 24 different products, ranging from matte lipstick to creamy lip gloss: hello mistletoe!

2. Vinebox “12 Nights of Wine” advent calendar, $129

If you’re over 21 and love wine, this advent calendar is an actual dream come true! It features 12 different curated wines (red, white, and rose), and allows you to count down to Christmas with a new glass every night…Somebody pinch me, please!

3. The Body Shop “25 Days of Game Changing Advent-ures” advent calendar, $105

The Christmas holidays is definitely the time of year to take care of yourself a little extra, so what could be better than this calendar? It features mini sizes of a wide range of the Body Shop products, such as hand cream, body wash, and body butter. Get ready for some serious pampering!

4. River Island “RI Beauty and Jewelry” advent calendar, $70

Does anyone else find buying jewelry kind of tricky? Personally, I always get really overwhelmed and end up not buying anything, so I found the idea of this advent calendar appealing! It features 10 pieces of cute and trendy jewelry, as well as a lip gloss and a strobe cream. Really, everything you need to sparkle this holiday season!

5. Asos “Grooming Calendar,” $87

If you want to spoil your boyfriend, brother, or even dad, a little extra, this advent calendar will definitely do the trick! It contains a mix of 24 products for hair and skin, such as body wash, shave cream and facial moisturizer. Who says that pampering is just for girls, right?  

Though advent calendars are super fun, they can definitely be pretty pricey. The good news is that it’s super easy to make your own (click here for ideas)! Just decide what kind of calendar you want, and then go from there! And, if you want the content to be a surprise, you could always team up with a friend and make each other’s. Whether you buy one or make one, an advent calendar will definitely help you get in the holiday spirit in spite of the Miami sunshine, and is a great way to treat yourself!