This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Miami chapter.

Have you ever looked at your bank statement only to realize that you spent so much money on makeup and skincare that you’ll be living on noodles for the rest of the month? Yup, me too. But honestly, the ability to walk out of Sephora empty-handed must be the equivalent of some sort of superpower! If only there was a way to feed your beauty addiction without breaking the bank, right? I know that you’re probably sitting on the other side of this screen thinking, “Keep dreaming, sister,” but there are a few tricks.

1. Monthly beauty boxes

These have become increasingly popular over the past couple of years, and for good reason. If you, like me, are all about experimenting with new brands and products, a beauty box subscription is a godsend. Instead of going wild in the sample size section at Sephora, where each product usually is priced around $10, you get a box of five samples delivered to your doorstep for that same price. There are quite a few different options out there, such as Play! By Sephora, or Birchbox, which allows you to customize your box. Fun, easy, and pretty much like a monthly gift from you to you – what’s not to like?

2. TjMaxx

This is one of my more recent discoveries, and I may admittedly be a little late on the ball here, but TjMaxx is pretty much a holy grail for beauty junkies on a budget! If you are someone who cares as much about the shopping experience as about the product itself, this probably isn’t for you. You definitely have to know what you are looking for, and although the selection is limited TjMaxx offers some high-quality brands for a fraction of the regular retail price.  Some examples of brands that I saw when I was last there are Ole Hendriksen, Shiseido, Bliss and Glamglow. Happy hunting!

3. Free samples

Many places, like Sephora and Nordstrom, will offer you free samples of products if you ask. This is great if you’re looking to buy a new product, but want to try out a couple of different versions before you make up your mind. Although they may not last very long, sampling products at home minimizes the risk of purchasing products you don’t end up using. Plus, Sephora will even give you perfume samples upon request, which are perfect for traveling or keeping in your purse!

4. Sales and promotions

Always keep an eye out for sales and promotions! For example, MAC recently gave away free lipsticks, no strings attached (yup, you read that correctly!) for National Lipstick day. All you had to do was walk into a store, pick out a shade, and viola! Another great sale is Ulta’s biannual “21 Days of Beauty,” which offers a new sale everyday with up to 50 percent off selected brands! Unfortunately, it took place in September *cries*. But hey, it’s never too soon to get ready for the next one sometime this spring! 

Now go out and fuel your addiction, your wallet won’t mind.