Women’s Health Resources on Miami’s Campus

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Miami (OH) chapter.

The Miami University Student Health Services is here for the well being of every student on campus. Their services range from pharmacy access, flu shots, other immunizations, physicals, and appointments with doctors.  More specifically, the MU Health Center provides gynecological services for the women of the student body.  This can be a very sensitive and embarrassing subject for a number of women.  However, the doctors and nurses of the health center are “conscious of the needs and issues related to women’s health” and are here to help.

The Student Health Services hours of operation are Monday through Friday 8 am – 6 pm. Appointments can be made by calling 513-529-3000 or online at www.muohio.edu/saf/shs.

The Gynecology Center can be reached at 513-529-5020

Services include:

-Routine exams and paps

-Diagnosis and treatment of gynecological issues and STIs

-Contraception (as well as emergency contraception/morning after pill)

-Pregnancy testing

-Prenatal and abortion referral

-HPV vaccine (GARDASIL)

The Student Health Services stresses that “individual needs will be addressed with sensitivity and CONFIDENTIALITY.”

All of these important services are available to you. If you have any questions or concerns, the wonderful people that work in the Student Health Center are more than happy to talk with you.

Stay happy and healthy, Collegiettes!

Melissa Krueger is a Junior at Miami University. She is a Contributing Writer for the Miami (OH) Chapter of Her Campus.