Wildlife Enthusiast: Zoey Scancarello ‘20

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Miami (OH) chapter.

I met my BFF during freshman year of college before classes officially started and I am thankful as heck for our bomb friendship every single day. She has made a significant impact in my life. Zoey is unapologetically herself! Amazing, hilarious, beautiful and intelligent don’t even begin to describe this gal. Enjoy learning a bit about this one of a kind human.

Major(s): Biology and Environmental Science

Minor: French

Hometown: Troy, OH

Favorite TV Show(s): Game of Thrones and The Office

Favorite Movie(s): Lord of the Rings, Good Will Hunting, Moonrise Kingdom, Black Swan

Music Taste: Pop Alternative/Rhythm & Blues, Hip Hip/R&B, Classic Rock, Electro-Indie, Broadway, Disney, The Beatles, Drake, The Weeknd, Beyoncé, Rihanna

Favorite Food(s): Mexican, Mediterranean

Favorite Season: Spring

Three Adjectives to Describe Self: Sarcastic, Open-Minded/Accepting, Adventurous

Dream Job:Traveling to different places and studying wildlife conservation (helping save the planet) because climate change and animals are very important things to her; this job would allow her to explore the outdoors rather than being stuck inside

Passion(s): Riding horses and being around animals in general (especially her dog Obi)

Dream Travel Destination: New Zealand (southern island)

Ideal Man: “Long, tan, and handsome.” – Pearl from Spongebob

Dream Superpower: To control weather and or nature

If you could identify with any character/person, who would it be? Princess Leia

Biggest Hero/Role Model: Her grandma because she accepts everyone for who they are and has a kind soul; “Nanny” always sees the good in people, and puts everyone before herself.

Idea of a Perfect Day: Sightseeing new places with her dog Obi, family and friends

Fashion Style: Whatever she feels comfortable in

Leisure Activities: Hanging out with friends, watching movies, playing video games, hiking, canoeing, amusements parks, shopping (anything that will distract her from stresses of life)

Favorite Quote(s):

“All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us.” – Lord of the Rings

“Fear is not real. The only place that fear can exist is in our thoughts of the future. It is a product of our imagination causing us to fear things that do not at present and may not ever exist. That is near insanity, Kitai. Do not misunderstand me, danger is very real, but fear is a choice.” – After Earth

“Live long and prosper.” – Startrek

“Above us only sky.” – Imagine by John Lennon

Social Media:

Instagram: @zoeylee123

Twitter: @zoeylee97

Snapchat: @zoeyscancarello

Sydney Richardson

Miami (OH) '20

An undergraduate student at Miami University (OH) studying media and culture + psychology.
Mary Carroll

Miami (OH)

CCs