“When we all fall asleep, where do we go?” Review

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Miami (OH) chapter.

Billie Eilish just dropped her new album and I am absolutely obsessed with it. I wasn’t initially a huge fan of Billie Eilish after I heard one of her first songs and wasn’t sure how I would feel about her new album. I was taking a bit of a long car ride over the weekend and decided to give the album a try on my drive. I was not disappointed. Eilish has created an amazing album that balances slow, sad songs with upbeat dance songs. I kid you not I have listened to the album every day since then and haven’t even come close to tired of it.

I am a huge fan of sad, calming music and I was thrilled when I heard some of the songs on her album. By far, my favorite sad song on the album is “I love you”. The lyrics are heartbreaking and the music supporting it is beautiful. A close second favorite is “Listen before I go”. This song is perfect for rainy day weather when you’re feeling a little down. She has about half sad, slow songs and half fast, upbeat songs.

Her other songs are the album are phenomenal. My favorite song on the entire album falls in the upbeat category. The song “Bad Guy” has such a great beat that I couldn’t help choreographing dances in my head when I first heard it. I continuously click that song to play first on the album instead of hitting shuffle. I worked out yesterday and went straight to that song as my first song for the workout and I was instantly motivated to go hard and get a great work out. I showed my sister the album on our drive back to school from spring break and we both started dancing in her car when this song came on.

If you haven’t listened to the album yet I highly recommend it. It’s not a stereotypical pop album and has something for everyone. There’s not a bad song on the album and she put “bury a friend” and “when the party’s over” which had both been released prior to the album release. The album even features splices from the office in “my strange addiction”. The album takes you through every mood possible and is perfect for any event. I’m a big Billie Eilish fan now and am looking forward to her next album.

Zoe Kelley

Miami (OH) '22

Marketing and Professional Writing student at Miami University in the Farmer School of Business. From West Chester, OH. I love dogs and my family fosters pit bulls. I love to read, write and play piano. My favorite book is Franny and Zooey by JD Salinger, My favorite movie is Chicago and my favorite TV show is How I Met Your Mother. I love to go to the beach and I hope to someday live in New York City. I was a dancer for 16 years in all styles.
Carrie Shaheen

Miami (OH) '19

Miami University President/Writer