Valentine’s Special: Catie Cardone ’14

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Miami (OH) chapter.

This Valentine’s Day, feast your eyes on our newest Campus Cutie, Catie Cardone. A senior Marketing major who goes by the moniker “Calzoni” amongst her closest friends, she constantly turns heads at parties with her elegance and killer style. The older sister of three, Catie has a hankering for watching scary movies and could live off of Orange Leaf alone. She’s a talented go-getter who will be launching her career at CEB in Chicago with their Sales Development Program post-graduation. Keep reading to find out more about what makes this beauty tick, her idea of perfect happiness, and what she’s looking forward to most about the “real world”.   

HC: How would you define success?

CC: My definition of success is happiness. I’m always working toward the ultimate goal of happiness in everything I do.  It’s easy to get caught up in the shallow aspects of life, but I try to remind myself that as long as I’m happy, it doesn’t matter how much money or friends or things I have. I’ve led a successful life if I’m happy.

HC: What is your idea of perfect happiness?

CC: Piling in my Absolut Angels living room with 15 of my closest friends with pillows and blankets and candles watching a scary movie. Luckily my perfect happiness happens every weekend!

HC: Do you have a catchphrase(s) that defines you?

CC: I’m hungry.

HC: What excites you most about the “real world”?

CC: The part that excites me the most in the real world is the possibility of meeting so many new people. I’ll be living in Chicago after graduation, and I love knowing that there will be a ton of people from Miami (so I’ll feel right at home!) but at the same time being exposed to people I would have never met otherwise!

HC: Eatery in Oxford will you’ll miss most upon graduation?

CC: Sohi!!!!

HC: What qualities do you admire most in your best friends?

CC: First and foremost, their loyalty. I feel so lucky to have friends who stick by my side through absolutely anything, and always encourage me to keep going when things get tough. I also really admire their ability to laugh at themselves. It’s so refreshing to be around people who don’t take themselves too seriously.

HC: Top 5 favorite scary movies?

CC: The Conjouring is my favorite… all the other scary movies I’ve watched have kind of blurred together but one of my favorite things to do is find a new one to watch! Most of the time they end up being weird but sometimes you’ll get that scary movie that’s actually really good.

HC: Any hidden talents?

CC: I’m good at diving. My friends know me as the clumsiest person ever, but I was on the diving team when I was younger and I was actually pretty good!

HC: What’s one quirk about you that would surprise people?

CC: My close friends know this about me, but I HATE crying in front of people! I have no problem talking about sad things or having deep conversations, but I always make sure not to cry because I get so embarrassed for some reason!

HC: Most treasured possession?

CC: My car. Even though I don’t have it here with me this semester, I still consider it my most treasured possession. I love my car like it’s one of my friends… it’s loyal and reliable!

HC: Who is your celebrity doppelganger? 

CC: People usually say Kate Middleton or Mila Kunis!

HC: Hopes and dreams for post-graduation?

CC: I hope to kill it at my new job and be really successful in the company! I also hope to meet lots of new people and make even more life long friends. I really really hope to keep in touch with all of the amazing people I’ve met during my time at Miami!

HC: What is your current state of mind/mantra?

CC: Live it up! It’s second semester of senior year, and I’m doing everything I can to soak it all in before it ends.

HC: Primping routine prior to hitting Uptown? 

CC: Shower. Blow dry hair. Curl hair. Do make up. Pick outfit. Change outfit. Total process takes a long time but I think it’s a ton of fun to get all dressed up!

HC: Can you share some of the best decisions you’ve made during your time at Miami? 

CC: The absolute best decision of my college experience, of my whole life really, has been joining Kappa. I truly have sisters who have been there for me through some of the hardest times and will continue to be there for me for the rest of my life. They have shaped me into the person I am today, and I’m proud of who I am because of them. I’ve had a college experience that most people only dream about because of my sisters and I love them so much.

Alex McNulty

Miami (OH)