This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Miami (OH) chapter.

1. Kurtis Conner

One of my roommates introduced me to Kurtis Conner over a month ago and I’ve been obsessed ever since. Kurtis is your average skinny white boy who looks like he hasn’t slept in years, BUT with a great sense of humor. I look forward to a new video from him every single Friday afternoon. I’m a proud resident of KurtisTown and a Yee Yee University alumna. Kurtis also has a dope podcast called Very Really Good that you should check out.

2. bestdressed

My girl Ashley is a fashion #queen. She creates entertaining and informational videos based around a little bit of everything — thrifting, clothing hauls, lookbooks, room tours & makeovers, sensitive topics and even random vlogs involving her daily life. You can always count on Ashley to toss humor into any situation and improve your day.

3. Duan Mackenzie

Duan is such a ray of sunshine. I’ve been watching her channel for a while now, and I just love how she radiates positivity. She inspires me to be optimistic and look at things differently. Duan mostly vlogs about photography, self-care routines, cooking, fashion, traveling as well as individual updates. Her boyfriend of like 8 years or something finally proposed and they are getting married soon SO wedding stuff has been a discussion point lately. I’m pumped to see the dress.

4. NPR Music

NPR Music is a fantastic place where you can find high-quality recordings of both popular artists as well as talented but unfamiliar musicians. This channel has a few different sections called Tiny Desk Concert, Night Owl, and separate jam sessions. Tiny Desk Concerts are my personal favorite because they are so intimate and raw. Pictured above is H.E.R. absolutely killing the game.

5. COLORS

First off, I’m obsessed with Aminé. Do yourself a favor and pls listen to his other songs besides Caroline or Spice Girl. Second, this channel is a gift to the world. COLORS is very similar to NPR Music in the fact that it shines the spotlight on both prominent and rising musicians. However, this channel also places importance on visual aesthetics! The artist performs in a room that is all one color. Happy listening and viewing, folks.

Sydney Richardson

Miami (OH) '20

An undergraduate student at Miami University (OH) studying media and culture + psychology.
Carrie Shaheen

Miami (OH) '19

Miami University President/Writer