Top 6 Places to Eat in Oxford

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Miami (OH) chapter.

1)   Kona Bistro (31 W. High Street): I put Kona at number one because it is my go to place to eat in Uptown. Their bright blue building strikingly contrasts the orange interior, where the walls are covered in abstract paintings of wine and food. Technically they are a coffee and wine bar, but I have not tried either the coffee or the wine (though my grandparents seemed to highly enjoy the wine). Their daily specials are always a must try (hint hint nudge nudge, the shrimp linguini is calling your name), but if you’re looking off of the menu the Kona Burger with Boursin cheese and sundried tomato paste is really something else.

2)   Sushi Nara (22 N. College Avenue): Do you really go to Miami if you haven’t eaten at Sushi Nara? No. Not only do they make a mean fishbowl (fishbowl Friday’s anyone), but their sushi is quite excellent. My personal order is an appetizer of Chicken Gyoza, with the Double Dragon Roll and the Morning Sunshine Roll. The people watching is excellent too, but if you want a table on the weekend you better be prepared to wait. Oh, and have I mentioned they have ½ priced sushi on Tuesdays? Well, they have ½ priced sushi on Tuesdays, enjoy!

3)   Bruno’s Pizza (31 E. High Street): If your GF (gluten free) this place is for you. The reason I put Bruno’s Pizza at number three is because their GF pizza crust is really, really good. If you’ve tried other GF pizza crusts before, you’ll know they usually taste like stale cardboard, not at Bruno’s though. If you’re looking for a little something extra on your pizza, I would recommend the Chicken Club pizza, you won’t be disappointed.

4)   Doughby’s (38 W. High Street): I’m going to preface this one by saying I personally have yet to eat at Doughby’s. That being said, Doughby’s is without fail the go to place when my roommate has the munchies. I think that says something. You can bet almost every Friday and Saturday night she comes home with their Rancher Calzone. And to a nod to their workers, they know her so well she doesn’t even have to order anymore.

5)   Mac & Joe’s (21 E. High Street): This is bar food at it’s best. If you go to Mac & Joe’s you better have a raging appetite, especially if you get the mother of all burgers, the Mac & Cheese Steak burger. Yup, that’s right, they put Mac & Cheese bites on a burger. Is that drool I see coming out of your mouth? They also have a pretty good selection of Draft beers and ciders. I can’t think of a more perfect place to kick back, gain a few pounds, and watch the Bengals crush the Browns. 

6) Campus: Miami’s campus is known for having one of the best dining halls in the nation. With customized stirfry stations and steak and lobster options at the infamous Bell Tower, sometimes the thought of eating on campus was more desirable than any food you could find off campus. Why settle for pizza when you can design your own gourmet salads (chicken, egg, shrimp and crab is extra) or grab a sandwhich from our version of the Panera Bread restauraunts. The options are really endless, and not to mention right there on campus. 

Hey! I'm Margaret, I'm a freshman writer at Miami University. Fun fact about me, one of my thumbs is significantly shorter than the other.
Shelby Hyde

Miami (OH)

Shelby Hyde is a senior journalism and professional writing double major with hopes of working in the wide world of publishing upon graduating in May of 2016. This Miami University (OH) Campus Correspondent/Editor-in-Chief is a fashion fanatic with a knack for words and bringing them to life. Shelby has had a wide variety of experiences throughout her four years at Miami, including working as Creative Services and Special Sections intern for Cincinnati Magazine, as well as a three-time returning style guru intern for well known fashion site, CollegeFashionista.com.The 22 year-old is Hoosier born and bred with a New Yorker status pending, and she's looking for something BIG! All inquiries can be forwarded to: shelbyyhyde@hercampus.com