Tips for a Fun Super Bowl Party

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Miami (OH) chapter.

Super Bowl XLVII is almost here!  On February 3, the Baltimore Ravens will be facing off against the San Francisco 49ers on one of the most anticipated days in America.  Super Bowl Sunday only comes once a year; so don’t let it pass you by without great company and a great party!

Super Bowl XLVII Facts to brush up on:

• Who:  San Francisco 49ers vs. Baltimore Ravens
  • When: Sunday, February 3.  Kickoff @ 6:30 pm.
  • Halftime Show: Beyoncé
  • Watch: CBS
  • Where: Mercedes- Benz Superdome, New Orleans

Awesome Party Tips

1)    Make sure your venue has a good-sized TV!  No one wants to have a hard time watching the big game- the more in depth quality, the better! 

2)    SNACKS ARE KEY! Everyone loves a Super Bowl party with great food.  Try out:

3)    Don’t invite the entire world.  Yes, it creates a large party.  But no one wants to watch the game while trying to keep from falling off the side of a couch.  And remember, when the food runs out, you’re going to have some unhappy partygoers. 

4)    Make it fun!  Incorporate games and keep everyone engaged. 

5)    What would watching football be without drinks? Make sure everyone at the party isn’t empty handed.

6)    Optimize seating space: bring all the chairs you have into the viewing room and make sure all couches are pushed back so that guests can use floor space as seating.

7)    With all the finger foods available, people are definitely going to need napkins and paper towels to clean up.

8)    GET EXCITED!  Everyone loves enthusiasm.  If you sing along during the halftime show and laugh at the hilarious commercials, you’re sure to have a great time.