The In On theSkimm: Everything You Need To Know About The Daily E-Newsletter

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Miami (OH) chapter.

Do you wish you had time to sit down and watch the news or even read the newspaper? Want current, up-to-date and relevant news at your fingertips? Then take a look at and subscribe for theSkimma daily newsletter focusing on current events around the world sent directly to your inbox everyday. Whether it’s news on current politicians, updates on the latest basketball game, or flashing news on a 9-month-old baby with attempted murder from Pakistan, theSkimm provides brief, yet very necessary and informative recaps on significant current events.

Danielle Weisberg and Carly Zakin founded theSkimm in 2011 and initially met while studying abroad in Europe. Although the two did not attend the same college, after becoming fast friends in Rome, they remained in touch. Their similar interests in writing and current news, as they are both journalism majors, kept the two close. After college, Danielle and Carly met up again at NBC where they worked together in New York City.

The two founders have a shared passion for the news and wanted to figure out a way to keep relevant news easily available. Following their careers at NBC, the idea of theSkimm was born. They have a boundless friendship and work relationship. The two girls know how to be in serious work mode, while still being there for one another as a friend.

theSkimm mainly targets the college student generation, but the audience is not limited to solely the undergraduate demographic. The information presented by theSkimm is relevant across generations as well, making theSkimm unique.

Low on time but still want to know what is happening on any given current day and time? On the go? Grab your phone, laptop, or tablet and pull up your email. Open up the daily newsletter from theSkimm to receive your daily fix on the current news. With concise information, theSkimm can be read in just a short period of time. No need to click on a webpage, turn on the TV, or open a newspaper, theSkimm adapts to your life. Sign up today, collegiettes!

Further questions regarding theSkimm? E-mail one of Miami’s Skimm’bassadors to learn how you can become involved!

Tybie Geleerd: geleertr@miamioh.edu

Caroline Bevan: bevancr@miamioh.edu 

Shannon Pesek: peseksm@miamioh.edu

Check out the Twitter, Instagram, Tumblr, Pinterest, and Facebook pages for theSkimm for even more updates!