Spring Cleaning For Your Dorm: How To Make It More Enjoyable

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Miami (OH) chapter.

Remember move-in day back in August? Somehow, my room doesn’t look quite as cozy or as clean as it did when I first arrived to Oxford’s campus. Between homework, club meetings, sorority recruitment, and typical Saturday festivities, there just doesn’t seem to be enough time to tidy up. Using these spring cleaning tips, you can devote just a few minutes out of your day to making your dorm room look as clean and cute as it did last August.

#1 – Make A List

It is crucial to write down everything you need to take care of, including organizing your closet, desk, textbooks, any laundry (including your sheets), wiping down countertops, cleaning microwaves or refrigerators, etc.… you get the idea. Prioritize the items that you want to get through first and try to complete 1-2 tasks each day until you list is fully completed. Nothing is more satisfying than crossing each item off your list until it is fully completed.#2 – Put on Music

Take this as an opportunity to catch up on Ed Sherran’s or Drake’s newest releases, try out a new Spotify playlist, or throw it back to some Disney Channel jams. Whatever it is you choose to listen too, it can help you relax, be more productive, and have a little bit of fun!#3 – Set Your Phone Aside

While your cleaning, put your phone away. Phones are distracting and often lead to procrastination that will only slow you down. Eliminate the temptation of scrolling through Instagram or texting your bf by putting it away and checking in with them later. #4 – Treat Yo Self

Once you have finally finished, reward yourself!!! There is no feeling like a job well done. So put your feet up, watch your favorite Netflix series, read a good book, or buy some gelato from Miami Ice in Armstrong without feeling guilty. You deserve it!

Caitlin Barry Senior Campus Correspondent for Miami (OH) Chapter of Her Campus