This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Miami (OH) chapter.

Summer is over and sweater weather is almost here, and with it comes a whole new range of makeup looks. Lipstick is the perfect way to pull any outfit together, and these six shades go perfectly with falling leaves, cooling temperatures, sweaters, and pumpkin spice lattes.

Plum

Punchy lipstick isn’t just for summer. As colors get more earthy and muted, give your look a little drama with a deep plum shade.

Brick Red

Red is always a classic shade that goes with almost any look.

Peach

For a more subtle look, a peach shade adds a hint of color without taking over.

Orange

Punchy enough for summer but reminiscent of falling leaves, bold orange lipstick is always flattering looks especially good on dark and tan skin tones.

Wine Red

This shade is perfect for fall evenings, giving any outfit an Old Hollywood twist.

Nude

Go with a nude lip for a subtle yet polished look or pair with bold eye makeup.

Caroline is fashionable, creative, and eccentric, though she likes to consider herself whimsical. She is interested in animals, history, fashion, and true crime and wants to be a writer when she grows up (physically; she will never grow up mentally). When not contributing to Her Campus, she can be found studying, working on a million projects at once, people-watching, playing with her beloved cats and dog, writing for fun, and eating red velvet cake.
Shelby Hyde

Miami (OH)

Shelby Hyde is a senior journalism and professional writing double major with hopes of working in the wide world of publishing upon graduating in May of 2016. This Miami University (OH) Campus Correspondent/Editor-in-Chief is a fashion fanatic with a knack for words and bringing them to life. Shelby has had a wide variety of experiences throughout her four years at Miami, including working as Creative Services and Special Sections intern for Cincinnati Magazine, as well as a three-time returning style guru intern for well known fashion site, CollegeFashionista.com.The 22 year-old is Hoosier born and bred with a New Yorker status pending, and she's looking for something BIG! All inquiries can be forwarded to: shelbyyhyde@hercampus.com