Sh*t Miami Girls Say On GBD

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Miami (OH) chapter.
Rise and shine, collegiettes! It’s the top favorite drinking day of the year, beating out your birthday, New Year’s Eve, and the 4th of July. It’s like Christmas comes twice every year!  No matter how many professors schedule an exam today, Green Beer Day (GBD) will never come to an end at Miami.

Here are some ridiculous quotes you might hear that one girl say on GBD:

“Is my tongue green?”
Yes, this bottomless container of beer probably will turn your tongue green: hence the green food coloring. Not only your tongue, but your teeth and entire mouth too. You know you’re just going to stuff some Chipotle in your belly anyways in a few hours, so go ahead and drink up and smile big for that Insta pic!

“KISS ME, I’m Irish!”
Is this NYE? I don’t know about you, but for me that whole midnight NYE kiss has never worked out in my favor, but today is different! Thanks to thick beer googles, everyone is from Ireland today, and tomorrow we leave campus for ten days which means no awkward library or Rec center encounters for a while, so we 100% support you scouting out that cute leprechaun! 

“Where are the Jello Shots?”

I’ve been up for like 12 hours…”
To paint a picture of the truth in this statement, here’s a typical timeline of the sequence of events that occur today, and today only:
  • Get ICED: 12:00 a.m.
  • Pregame: 1:00 a.m.
  • Bars: 2:00 a.m.
  • Kegs & Eggs: 6:00 a.m.
  • House Party: 9:00 a.m.
  • Fail Exam: 11:00 a.m.

Yes, we’ve all been up for 12 hours!

SB 2k14 tomorrow!”
Even though the entire campus will be partaking in the same degree of drinking for seven days straight in Gulf Shores, Alabama tomorrow, TODAY is different. It’s GBD after all and no one wants to hear you whine about how today is ruining your SB diet. Our advice: Drink up, for today only comes once a year in March!

Miami University Student Alpha Phi Chicago, IL sheak@miamioh.edu