This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Miami (OH) chapter.

Her Campus contributing writer Paige Powell has taken her studies this semester to Seville, Spain. She shares her experience abroad with us, from advice on navigating a foreign city to European fashion and food. Whether you’re also abroad or looking to do so in the near future, check out what Paige has to say each month for a little dose of what it’s like to explore way beyond the OxBox borders. 

Sevillanos are known for their style. “Dress to impress” is an everyday manifestation in Sevilla. Whether you are going to work, grabbing tapas or taking a casual stroll by the river, Sevillanos are dressed to the nines. Coming from the United States where leggings have grown to become quite a fashion staple, there was a definite change in wardrobe for a majority of abroad students in Sevilla. From the warm weather to bold colors, there is no better place to experiment new designs and patterns. After a few weeks of observing and shopping the Sevillano style, the determination to blend in with the locals was reached. Here are a few examples of what to wear, the Sevillano way:

Paige Powell

Miami (OH)

Ellie Conley

Miami (OH)

Ellie Conley is a senior at Miami University. She is the current Editor-In-Chief and the former Publicity Coordinator for the Miami (OH) Chapter of Her Campus.