Sean DeMuro: ’16

They say there are always plenty more fish in the sea, but what about the swimming pool? Senior Sean DeMuro spent his first two years at Miami as a club swimmer before swimming for the varsity swim team his junior year, and this year he’s working as a manager for the varsity team. When he’s not in the water, you can often find Sean kicking back with his housemates or making some of his famous buffalo chicken dip. We at Her Campus love his energetic, fun, and yet laid-back personality and we know you will too! 

Keep reading to learn more about this HC cutie: 

Year: Senior 

Major: Finance with a minor in Information Systems

Her Campus: What are your career aspirations? 

Sean DeMuro: I would either like to work in Chicago for a bank or a large financial company, or 

move out to Colorado and be a ski bum. 

HC: So you were a varsity swimmer. What was your favorite thing about swimming? 

SD: The team aspect was great, just having a bunch of guys that you worked and improved with day 

in and day out. On the bad days they were there. On the good days they were there. No matter how 

hard a practice got, you knew there were 20 some other guys there doing the same thing as you. 

HC: What got you into swimming? 

SD: I’ve been swimming competitively since I was little, like age 6 or 7. It was always something I 

enjoyed. I feel more comfortable in water than on land. 

HC: What do you like to do in your free time?

SD: I like to sleep, relax, watch Netflix, get drinks with friends, ride my bike, go for drives, or cook. 

HC: Favorite Bar uptown? 

SD: There’s always a place in my heart for Skippers and Top Deck, and then Mac N Joes just for their 

craft beer.  Skippers is always a fun place to be with your friends.

HC: What is your ideal date? 

SD: My Ideal date would be picking out a recipe and cooking it together, and then cuddling on the 

couch with a bottle of wine or a couple of beers. And then we can watch TV or a movie while eating 

whatever we made. 

HC: What’s your life motto? 

SD: “Mama didn’t raise no quitter.”  

HC: What are your favorite shows?

SD: That 70s Show, Weeds, Breaking Bad, and BoJack Horseman. 

HC: Are you a morning person or a night owl?

SD: Night owl 

HC: Who’s your celebrity crush? 

SD: I’ll always have a place in my heart for Emma Stone.

Abigail Bates is an assistant editor for Her Campus Miami (OH). She's a senior, journalism and French double major with a passion for writing, travel and all things fashion. She is also a member of Miami's UP fashion magazine and can often be found steaming the milk for your latte as a barista at Dividend$.