Sayings to Help You Find Your Motivation

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Miami (OH) chapter.

As March rolls around, I always find myself severely lacking in motivation. Trying to find time for school, friends, activities, and myself is exhausting and it can get to a point where I just don’t want to do anything. I’m a big fan of inspirational/motivational sayings; my Pinterest is literally full of them, despite how cheesy some can be. I find that sometimes just reading through some can help me to feel more motivated, so here are some of my favorites. *Disclaimer: none of these are my own.

1. “At the end of the day, we can endure much more than we think we can.” – Frida Kahlo

2. “I can be changed by what happens to me but I refuse to be reduced by it.” – Maya Angelou

3. “To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all.” – Oscar Wilde

4. “For what it’s worth… it’s never too late, or in my case too early, to be whoever you want to be. There’s no time limit. Start whenever you want. You can change or stay the same. There are no rules to this thing. We can make the best or the worst of it. I hope you make the best of it. I hope you see things that startle you. I hope you feel things you’ve never felt before. I hope you meet people who have a different point of view. I hope you live a life you’re proud of, and if you’re not, I hope you have the courage to start over again.” – F. Scott Fitzgerald

5. “I didn’t know what I wanted to do, but I always knew the woman I wanted to be.” – Diane von Furstenberg

*This one is one of my favorites and helped me more times than I can count.

6. “Anything that gets your blood racing is probably worth doing.” – Hunter S. Thompson

7. “It always seems impossible until it’s done.” – Nelson Mandela

8. “Believe you can and you’re halfway there.” – Theodore Roosevelt

9. “It does not matter how slowly you go as long as you do not stop.” – Confucius

10. “Start each day with a grateful heart.”

I’m not sure who said the last one, but for me it’s a good reminder and really helps me to find the motivation to get my stuff together. By reminding myself how lucky I am to be where I am, I find that all of the things weighing me down no longer feel so much like burdens.

Just another college girl with a love for writing, coffee, and adventures. 
Mary Carroll

Miami (OH)

CCs