Rihanna Becomes New Face of MAC Viva Glam

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Miami (OH) chapter.

Just when we thought Rihanna’s holiday collaboration with MAC was coming to a halt, MAC announced Rihanna as their spokesperson for their Viva Glam lipstick campaign set to release this January.

“Viva Glam spokespeople are provocative, alternative and influential,” said MAC Cosmetics, so it was only a matter of time before they asked their newest sweetheart, Rihanna, to become one herself.

With 100 percent of the proceeds going to HIV/AIDS research, what better reason to invest in some new lipstick? MAC’s AIDS foundation was created in 1994 and has raised over 270 million dollars through the sales of Viva Glam.

In an interview with Woman Wears Daily, Rihanna stated: “When you think of makeup, the brand that pops into your mind – for something legit – is MAC.” With all the perfect assortments of colors and bold styles, there is no better fit for RiRi than MAC Cosmetics.

Not only does this campaign include some to-die-for lipstick and gloss colors, Rihanna decided to throw in some extra glam for her fans. This collection also includes an assortment of eye shadows, bronzers and liquid liners. Because Rihanna and MAC are so close, she was able to completely make the products her own, even down to the bright red packaging.  

Although Rihanna has some big shoes to fill from previous Viva Glam spokespeople like Lady Gaga and Nicki Minaj, we’re not too worried considering RiRi Woo sold out in a matter of 3 hours.

Rihanna recently posted a photo of her Viva Glam Lipstick and Lipglass to Instagram. Both are daring, sparkly red and have a similar resemblance to RiRi Woo from her holiday collection. If you’re looking for the perfect festive lip, you have found the right place to look. Happy shopping!