absolutvision Z20wtGu1OH4 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
absolutvision Z20wtGu1OH4 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Quick and Easy Breakfast Recipes

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Miami (OH) chapter.

Hungry, in a hurry and desperate for some “real food”? Don’t skip breakfast! According to Co.Exist, people who skip breakfast tend to crave more carbs later in the day than people who don’t skip breakfast. And a study of 6,000 students found that those who eat breakfast have better grades and are more likely to graduate than students who skipped breakfast. 

Instead of hurrying to class on an empty stomach, try these quick and easy breakfast recipes to get you off to a great start every morning:

1. Pancake Bites
Make these adorable bites the night before and re-heat them in the morning. If you’re really in a rush, these little snacks are the perfect travel-size to take on the go. Just grease up a muffin pan, pour in your favorite pancake batter and add blueberries, chocolate chips or any other fixins for a special treat. Bake in the oven at 425 degrees for 8-9 minutes. 
Recipe from ThePioneerWoman.com. 

2. Matcha Vanilla Smoothies
Add these ingredients to your grocery shopping list and you won’t regret it. These green tea smoothies are loaded with antioxidants and will leave you feeling fresh and energized. Blend together two frozen bananas, one cup of almond milk,  a few teaspoons of matcha powder, a pinch of vanilla bean, a bit of honey and a few handfuls of ice. You might also want to make these in the presence of you roomates, because this recipe serves three and you’ll have plenty to go around! 
Recipe from Love & Lemons. 

3. Whole Wheat Irish Soda Bread Muffins
It doesn’t have to be St. Patrick’s Day to try these scrumptious muffins! Make these the night before, store them in a zip-lock bag and you and your housemates can eat these for the entire week. #Winning. Get the recipe at Skinnytaste.com

4. Pumpkin Cinnamon Rolls
These mouth-watering treats are only 115 calories each, so you don’t have to feel guilty about biting down on their gooey-goodness. Check out the recipe on FitnessRX. 

5. Fruit Smoothies
Smoothies are delicious, quick to make and easy to take with you. Try this recipe for a simple strawberry smoothie, or try any combination you want: Mix one cup of frozen strawberries, a half cup of milk, 1/4 cup of plain or vanilla yogurt, 1/4 cup of orange juice, one frozen banana and a teaspoon of vanilla or honey in a blender, and enjoy! 

Find this recipe at FoodNetwork.com. 

6. Banana Oat Breakfast Cookies
Don’t throw away your ripe bananas! Make these healthy and simple cookies on Sunday and enjoy them all week long (if you can stop yourself from eating them all in one day). No need for flour or sugar ― applesauce gives these cookies all the sweetness they need.
Recipe found at Watching What I Eat. 

7. Fruit and Peanut Butter Dip
Whip together a half cup of peanut butter and one cup of non-fat plain Greek yogurt. Cut up some fresh fruit (HC recommends apples, bananas and strawberries) and chow down.

8. Baked Eggs (In a Muffin Tin)
Need a little extra oomph this morning? Get your protein fix with these quick and easy baked eggs. These allow of a wide range of variety too. You can add cheese, bacon or sausage ― if you really want to get fancy put the egg between two pieces of toast for a sandwich. Cooking for just yourself or for a whole crowd? No problem, you can make as many at a time as you’d like! 

Recipe found at The Finished Plate. 

9. Avocados on Toast and Ricotta
If you don’t have a sweet-tooth in the morning, then this is the perfect, healthy recipe to make in the morning. Grab a napkin and eat it on your way to class.

10. Apple Mug Muffins
Who says you can’t be fancy in under five minutes? This recipe from Civilized Caveman Cooking mixes ingredients like applesauce, cinnamon, vanilla and maple syrup, and uses the microwave for when your in a hurry or the oven for when you have more time. 

11. Skinny Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Shake
These may look and taste like dessert, but this shake is the best way to start off your morning and satisfy your sweet-tooth. And the best part, this recipe takes only two minutes from start to finish! Pour the mixture into your Lilly-print mug and you’ll have at least one thing to enjoy in your 8:30 a.m. class.
Find this recipe at The Messy Baker. 

12. Overnight, No-Bake Refrigerator Oatmeal
Switch-up your typical oatmeal and try this delicious recipe made with Greek yogurt, chia seeds, milk and old-fashioned rolled oats.  The varieties here are endless and they are just as fun to make as they are to eat! You can find the recipe for this time-saving morning meal at The Yummy Life. 

Tess is an Assistant Editor and Contributing Writer for Her Campus Miami (OH)