Pete Davison Speaks out After Ariana Grande Split

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Miami (OH) chapter.

Pete Davidson finally speaks out on tragic split from ex-fiance Ariana Grande. The couple got engaged after just four weeks of dating in June of 2018, shortly after Ariana’s breakup with long-term boyfriend Mac Miller. Despite Pete and Ariana’s extremely public and affectionate relationship, they decided to call it quits this month, following the painful news of Mac Miller’s overdose. They reportedly claimed their split is due to bad timing and the pressure being too much too fast. Although, this seems to be the theme of their five-month relationship. After just months of dating, the pair got multiple matching tattoos. Ariana even got Pete’s late father’s firefighter badge tattooed on her foot, who passed away during the 9/11 attacks.

While Ariana has taken a break from social media, Pete spoke out at a comedy set in Los Angeles about their breakup. “Well as you can tell, I don’t want to be here,” Davidson said according to E! News. His lighthearted acknowledgement even referenced how stupid it was to get matching tattoos. “Um, I’ve been covering a bunch of tattoos, that’s fun,” Davidson said. “I’m f–king 0 for 2 in the tattoo [department]. Yeah, I’m afraid to get my mom tattooed on me, that’s how bad it is.” He also spoke about his newfound homelessness after moving out of Ariana’s $16 million dollar apartment. “Does anybody have any open rooms? Looking for a roommate?” Davidson jokes. In spite of their split, the couple claimed to still have love for eachother, and that they aren’t ruling out the possibility of rekindling their romance in the future.

Carly Shaheen

Miami (OH) '22

HerCampus writer, freshman, capricorn.
Carrie Shaheen

Miami (OH) '19

Miami University President/Writer