This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Miami (OH) chapter.

Name: Paul Ryan
Hometown: Janesville, Wisconsin
Education: Miami University
Year Graduated: 1992
Major: B.A. in Economics and Political Science
Campus Involvement: Member of College Republicans and Delta Tau Delta
Funny Jobs: Worked the grill at McDonald’s and a salesman at Oscar Mayer
Fun Facts: Voted Prom King and once drove the Oscar Mayer Weinermobile

Paul Ryan is a Republican Representative for Wisconsin’s 1st congressional district. He won his first election to office in 1998 at the young age of 28 and is currently on his 7th term in the house. Ryan is the chairman of the House Budget Committee. On August 11th, 2012, Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney announced Paul Ryan as his vice-president running mate. While campaigning with Romney, Ryan is also running for re-election to his seat in the House of Representatives.

While it may seem like Paul Ryan is all work and no play, those who know him well know he is a true outdoorsman. Among his many hobbies, Ryan spends a lot of his free time hunting and fishing and is also a bow hunter and belongs to his hometown archery association. Along with his love for outdoor exercise, Ryan has been quoted as a huge fan of the workout regimen P90X.

Here at Miami, we all know Paul Ryan for being a frat star. He rushed Delta Tau Delta in the spring of his freshman year becoming brothers with other celebs like Will Ferrell, Dan Abrams, and Matthew McConaughey. Like any frat boy here at Miami, he lived in the house with all of his bros. Ryan was known to take his school work very seriously, always hitting up King to do his class work. Many people who knew him here were not at all surprised that he could potentially become the Vice President of the United States.

Alaine Perconti graduated from Miami University (OH) with degrees in Marketing and Journalism. She is the co-founder of the Miami (OH) Chapter and was President from 2011-2013. After graduation, Alaine moved to Cincinnati, OH where she works for a digital marketing agency and is an active volunteer for a local animal rescue. As an HC Alum, Alaine is now a Her Campus Chapter Advisor and is excited to be a positive influence and professional partner for CC's in her new role.