Nordstrom Rack: Our Go-To for the Latest Trends

This is a sponsored feature. All opinions are 100% from Her Campus.

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Miami (OH) chapter.

HC Miami (OH) was excited to get a visit from People StyleWatch which invited the entire campus to its Celebrity Stylist on Campus Tour on Central Quad a couple weeks ago. In attendance was StyleWatch’s TV Stylist & Market Editor Joiee Thorpe who showed us how to wear the latest trends for every occasion, from day parties and tailgates, to interviews and formals. 

I was beyond excited to get a personal appointment with Joiee. After all, college is where we come to learn, and Joiee schooled me on finding designer duds on a student budget. Her secret? Shopping at Nordstrom Rack.

“I love Nordstrom Rack because you can always find amazing designers for a fraction of the price,” Joiee said.

Nordstrom Rack has better deals on apparel than the Miami Bookstore does in May. They have great prices and great clothes–I’ll admit it’s my new go-to as well.

This fall, Joiee said it’s all about the faux fur vest. You don’t have to tell me twice–my friends know I’m all about the fur. Joiee showed me a totally-fab one by Via Spiga (similar here).

“I love to throw a faux fur vest over just about anything to make a glam statement.  Plus, this item works twice as hard taking you through the fall and winter,” Joiee said.

I couldn’t agree more. My other favorite item that Joiee showed me was a studded handbag by Rebecca Minkoff, something to take to class or for a night Uptown (similar here).

“This bag does it all!  The boxy structure and top handle make it so professional, but the studs add some personality and cross-body strap makes it casual enough for class.  Most importantly, it fits an iPad, making it stylish and useful!” Joiee said.

Joiee had great fashion advice, and if there is one thing I learned from the StyleWatch event (and college), it’s that knowledge is power. Feel free to now consider me a shopping genius.

Ellie Conley

Miami (OH)

Ellie Conley is a senior at Miami University. She is the current Editor-In-Chief and the former Publicity Coordinator for the Miami (OH) Chapter of Her Campus.