From Miami Alum to Novelist

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Miami (OH) chapter.

The world of writing is not new to Erin Jamieson, a Miami University Alumni.  After earning her Bachelor of Arts in 2015, Erin decided to come back to Miami to pursue her Master’s degree in creative writing. 

What’s even more impressive than her commitment to Miami is the natiowide realease of her first novel. “In Came the Rain” is a historical fiction novel, which follows the Owens family, living in Iowa on the brink of the outbreak of World War I. The plot tells a story of “triumph, tragedy, and the importance of faith when all else is lost.” 

Here is the overview: Clarence and Silvia Owens live in the small rural town of Ackley, Iowa, struggling with the everyday problems of raising a family. Their three children couldn’t be more different-Alva, young and short-tempered; her older brother, Warren, quiet and self-critical; and Emmett, the youngest and the joy of the family, forever playing pranks and shirking his schoolwork.

Nearly three years later, startling news hits the town: the United States has joined the war.

But the war seems very far away, until Clarence, desperate to escape a crumbling marriage, makes a drastic decision that changes his and his family’s lives forever.

In Came the Rain explores the limitations of family, faith, and the secrets that slowly kill us.

Check out the link below to purchase the book!

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/in-came-the-rain-ee-jamieson/1123049761?ean=9781681874722 

Karolina is a junior contributing writer and President of HerCampus at Miami(OH).