Meet Student-Athlete: Bailey Styzinski

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Miami (OH) chapter.

Name: Bailey Styzinski

Year: Freshman

Hometown: Chicago, Illinois

Major: Strategic Communications, Spanish, and Professional Writing

Bailey Styzinski is a first-year student at Miami University on the senior synchronized skating team. Skating since she was only two years old, her skating skills are undeniably amazing. On top of being an athlete, she manages to healthily maintain her academics, work, and social life. Nothing can get in the way of this girl!

What does your typical day look like?

I usually wake up at 5 in the morning to go to Goggin for practice for a good two hours. Then, I’ll go to two or three classes depending on the day. On Tuesdays and Thursdays I work at the classics department and then in the evening I usually go to the rec for weights. In my free time, I usually do homework or grab some food with my teammates.

What’s your favorite thing to do on a Friday night?

I love hanging out with my friends after a long week of class and practice. Movie nights and nights uptown are always fun!

How do you manage your time?

I try to stay as organized as possible and never ever procrastinate! Self motivation is really important.

What is your dream job?

I would love to work for U.S. Figure Skating Headquarters.

Where do you see yourselves 10 years from now?

I would love to live in a big city officially established in my career.

What is your favorite subject?

I really enjoy writing, so probably creative writing.

What is your favorite dessert?

Halo Top ice cream from Maccracken!

What is your guilty pleasure?

One Tree Hill. I’ve watched it like 5 times!

Who is your favorite artist/band?

Matchbox 20

What is your favorite thing about college?

I love all the new friends I’ve made and I love that everyday can be so different. You really have so much freedom with how you set up your routine and schedule.

By: Grace Scarberry

Caitlin Barry Senior Campus Correspondent for Miami (OH) Chapter of Her Campus