Meet Incoming CC: Mary Carroll

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Miami (OH) chapter.

The General Stuff

Name: Mary Carroll

Major: Strategic Communications and Professional Writing

Year: Sophomore

Hometown: Cincinnati, OH

Relationship Status (LOL): in a relationship with Ryan Gosling (lol jk!! Single)

Fun Facts

Favorite Color: Blue

Dream Occupation: Head of Marketing for The New York Times

Dream City: Boston, MA

Favorite Movie: 10 Things I Hate About You

Favorite Song: “Gypsy” by Fleetwood Mac

Favorite Store: Anthropologie

Super Power of Choice: To fly

Q&A:

Describe your Miami experience (involvement, studies, what you do for fun, spaces, etc.)

I have loved Miami. I am currently involved in my sorority, Alpha Delta Pi, as the merchandise chair. I get to design the shirts for events and recruitment. For fun, I go to TRX at the rec, go Uptown with girlies, and explore Hueston Woods with my friends. I also have a Fitbit, so I am always trying to get steps. Sometimes I take walks to Western Campus on a beautiful day and it is so relaxing. 10/10 recommend exploring Western.

What is your favorite spot to study on campus?

My favorite spot to study on campus is Amos Music Library. It has big windows, so I can see the weather. Not everyone knows about it, so it is never crowded. It is behind Maple Street, so I always grab Starbucks (chai tea latte) and head to the lib.

How did you get involved with Her Campus? Describe your positions here.

I got involved with Her Campus through our current president Caitlin! I also want to have a career in PR, so I knew this was a great way to gain experience while doing something I love. I started on the PR team and I would post to HC social media. Then I became PR Director, so I oversee the PR team and try to make sure that we post to all social media platforms.

What are your goals for Her Campus Miami(OH) as incoming president?

My goals for Her Campus Miami (OH) is to get more people to join our team! It is a great organization to be a part of and I have been able to brag about how awesome it is in interviews. I also want to spread awareness about HC – I can do this if we have more people on our team. JOIN!

How do you want to leave your mark on Miami, aside from HC?

I want to leave Miami knowing I was involved and learned valuable things that will help me in my career. I hope to be successful and to come back to Miami to talk to students that if you put in time/effort, you will achieve your dreams. So, I am not necessarily leaving my mark now, but I hope to when I am killing it in my career.

Caitlin Barry Senior Campus Correspondent for Miami (OH) Chapter of Her Campus