Mark Kylander ’14

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Miami (OH) chapter.

Name: Mark Kylander

Year in School: Junior

Major: Political Science

Hometown: Fairfield, OH

Relationship Status: Taken

Campus Involvement: Consultant, Howe Writing Center; Navigators Campus Ministry

What is your favorite Miami memory so far? Miami has given me incredible opportunities to meet a lot of influential people, including Condoleezza Rice, former Secretary of State, John Pepper, former CEO of P&G, and Marty Brennaman, longtime radio broadcaster for the Cincinnati Reds.

What are your career goals? I hope someday to be a successful attorney in the Cincinnati area.

What’s your favorite…

• Bar Uptown? Mac & Joe’s
  • Dinosaur? Ankylosaurus
  • 90’s song? “I Believe I Can Fly” – R. Kelly
  • Class at Miami? POL 343 with Dr. Barilleaux, “The American Presidency”
  • Concert you’ve been to? MC Hammer

What qualities do you look for in a girl? I look for a girl who can have an intelligent conversation with me.

What is one thing that is on your bucket list? Since I was a kid I’ve always wanted to go to all 30 Major League Baseball stadiums. I’ve been to 6 of them. 24 more to go.

Describe your ideal date: I love baseball, so it wouldn’t get any better than me and my girl watching the Reds win a World Series game at Great American Ball Park.

If you could have dinner with one person dead or alive, who would it be? Abraham Lincoln. One man held the country together in some of its darkest years. There aren’t many people I respect more highly than Lincoln.

What is your most embarrassing Miami Moment? My freshman year I was riding my bike on the sidewalk, swerved off onto the grass to avoid running into someone, then I tried to swerve back onto the sidewalk. I failed miserably. My body made its way to the sidewalk but my bike stayed on the grass. Cue “Wipeout.”

Alaine Perconti graduated from Miami University (OH) with degrees in Marketing and Journalism. She is the co-founder of the Miami (OH) Chapter and was President from 2011-2013. After graduation, Alaine moved to Cincinnati, OH where she works for a digital marketing agency and is an active volunteer for a local animal rescue. As an HC Alum, Alaine is now a Her Campus Chapter Advisor and is excited to be a positive influence and professional partner for CC's in her new role.