Make It Your Miami Candidates

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Miami (OH) chapter.

Wadsworth – Harrelson – Corporan : Make It Your Miami

Presidential Candidate: Meghan Wadsworth
Meghan is a junior triple-majoring in Public Administration, Nutrition and Health Promotion from Brunswick, Ohio. She has gained experience for this position as the Vice President for Student Organizations, Student Body Treasurer and an Anderson Hall Senator. She is also Recruitment Chair for College Republicans, a Scholar Leader, Vice President of the Miami Association for Public Administration, LeaderShape participant, member of the president’s coalition, RA and an Undergraduate Research Assistant.

Fun Facts about Meghan:

• What is your most embarrassing Miami Moment? That awkward moment when… you realize ‘ENG’ stands for the Engineering building, not the English building where you thought your class was held.
  • What’s your guilty pleasure 90’s song? I am still obsessed with the Backstreet Boys “I want it that way” –and yes, the CD is currently in my car.
  • What has been your favorite Miami Moment?Last year I was nominated as someone who should be considered for a Top 10 Sophomore Achievement Award. I attended the banquet not knowing what to expect, and while listening to every nominee’s profile was completely blown away with the achievements in academic publications, third-world efforts, and a wide variety of significant accomplishments from sophomores of the Oxford, Middletown and Hamilton campuses. My name was read for the tenth and final award that was given out and it felt surreal to me. This award has meant so much to me and helped me realize all the great experiences I have been able to have this far and that I want to continue this involvement and working to make Miami a great place.

Vice Presidential Candidate: Rob Harrelson
Rob is a junior Political Science major with a History minor from Troy, Ohio. He is currently a member of CAC’s VIP (Lecture) Board, College Republicans, Club Tennis and has an executive role in Kappa Alpha Order.

Fun Facts about Rob:

• If you could have dinner with one person dead or alive who would it be? Thomas Jefferson. I have always had an interest in politics and history and when I started to study politics more academically upon getting to college, I became more and more interested in his message and thoughts on the role of government.
  • What is your most embarrassing Miami Moment? This one is brutal. My first time going to King Library back as a freshman took a slight detour when I apparently missed the largest building on campus and proceeded to walk around the neighborhood near uptown looking for it. I called my older brother, and between laughs, he sent me back to where I needed to go.
  • What’s your guilty pleasure 90’s song? “Run-around” by Blues Traveler, although I’m not sure if it’s a ‘guilty’ pleasure, I think it’s a great song!

Vice President of Campus Activities Candidate: EJ Corporan
EJ is a junior marketing major from Belbrook, Ohio. He is currently involved on campus as CAC’s Global Fusion Co-Chair, Vice President of the Association of Latin and American Students, Director of the Miami Salsa Team, and Logistics Chair of 2012 Charter Day Ball. EJ is also a member of the Steel Drums Band, and was a SOUL in 2010.

Fun Facts about EJ:

• If you could have dinner with one person dead or alive who would it be? Shakira. I have been trying to replicate her dance moves for too long, I feel that the best way to get it down is to ask her in person. We’d play her music super loud in my kitchen and cook some food.
  • Who has been the most influential figure on your life? My dad has always been the perfect example of a great father, husband, brother, and son. He is someone that has taught me to be honest, caring, and to put others before myself. I know that he has deeply influenced my moral character and values. If I end up being half as cool as my dad, I’ll be a happy guy.
  • What is your favorite dinosaur?I did my second grade dinosaur project on the Ankylosaurus. It’s an obscure dinosaur, but you would not want to run into one of those bad boys Uptown.
Alaine Perconti graduated from Miami University (OH) with degrees in Marketing and Journalism. She is the co-founder of the Miami (OH) Chapter and was President from 2011-2013. After graduation, Alaine moved to Cincinnati, OH where she works for a digital marketing agency and is an active volunteer for a local animal rescue. As an HC Alum, Alaine is now a Her Campus Chapter Advisor and is excited to be a positive influence and professional partner for CC's in her new role.