This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Miami (OH) chapter.

Fall is in full swing, which means it’s time to ditch those bright summer colors and seize the warm autumn glow. But don’t to discard your favorite bold lipsticks from your summer beauty supplies quite yet – they’re the perfect accent to any cool weather outfit. In an interview with TeenVogue, makeup artist James Kaliardos says, “bold lips look great with deeper tones of autumn clothing.”

Celebrities like Lea Michele and Emma Stone have been showing off their favorite bold lip in pre-fall events like the Emmys and the Venice Film Festival. It is a fashion “do” for this fall season. That said, those bold tones can be pretty intimidating for some. It’s all about finding the right color that works for you and your style. If you’re ready to take the plunge, we’ve got your back. 

Here are four must-have lip tones that are fit for fall and effortless to pull off (or shall we say, put on):

1. For the one swipe, long-lasting lip try Chanel Rouge Coco Hydrating Crème Lip Colour in Vendōme. 2. Transitioning your orange shades to fall is a must. Try this sheer lipstick by Nars in Niagra for a peachy glow. 

3. If you’re a little apprehensive on mastering the moody brown lip this fall, try this tinted balm from Pixi in Soft Sienna. It gives you just the right amount of the pouty color without going overboard. 

4. The perfect tone for a day-to-night transition is the classic pop of red. Take a dab at Clinique’s Long Last Matte Crimson Lipstick to give you just that.